Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

big update for everyone... so i ended up loaded the 4.5 beta on my curve...it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2

Update

Advertisement

big update for everyone...

so i ended up loaded the 4.5 beta on my curve...it rocks...but a little buggy...so i wiped the curve using cmldr....and reloaded 4.2..fresh install

firewall option still locked..won't let me disable the firewall..

so i figure, let me try to run opera again, and see if i get the inside outside firewall error

i install it, and sure enough, i get the error...i put the curve down...think about it

pick it back up about an hour later, and try to run it again. this time, when it asks for permission to access the connection, instead of allowing it on all connections, i choose the option to allow it for opera connections. (hopefully some of you know what i'm talking about)

wait a second, and sure enough it works....so the trick may be to now allow it on all connections, but only on the options that specifies the connections for the software itself..

does that make any sense? i hope so..i may be talking crap...i have a stomach virus or whatever...so i'm in and out

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    sounds like an interesting idea...im going to try it out and see if it works with a few apps that bring up the error on my 8100...ill let you know what happens
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    didnt work but thanks
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

insrebel36 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does this only affect random T-mobile users?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    sounds like an interesting idea...im going to try it out and see if it works with a few apps that bring up the error on my 8100...ill let you know what happens
    well this was after a reload of my os..i'm not suggesting doing that...but i don't know...there HAS GOT to be an answer for this somewhere

coldespresso no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    Quote Originally Posted by insrebel36 View Post
    Does this only affect random T-mobile users?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It would seem so. I have an 8320 from T-Mo and I've installed Opera Mini, Viigo, Google Maps, and Facebook without any issues with network or firewall connectivity.

BB Curve 8320
    v4.2.2.171

someguy03 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I removed my IT policy and it still didn't fix Opera, but this did:

A specific setting is required to enable Opera Mini to access the Internet on a T-Mobile Blackberry:
    From your Blackberry homescreen, go to Options, then Advanced Options, then TCP. Under APN, enter "wap.voicestream.com". Leave Username and Password blank.

A specific setting is required to enable Opera Mini to access the Internet on a Cingular Blackberry:
    From your Blackberry homescreen, go to Options, then Advanced Options, then TCP. Under APN, enter "wap.cingular". Also enter Username for APN: "WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM" (all uppercase) and Password for APN: "CINGULAR1" (all uppercase).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12