Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hey again...sorry if i am bringing up a topic that has been discussed on here ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Inside and outside of firewall?!?! UPDATED

Advertisement

hey again...sorry if i am bringing up a topic that has been discussed on here before, but after alot of searching, i am still not able to find a good solution for this..

so i bought my 8320 this weekend (absolutely love it by the way), and i tried to install opera mini, and a game called midevil kings chess 2 (i love chess), and i keep getting that error that something like "tried to access something inside and outside of the firewall", and it will not connect to the network. now i have read alot on this, and something about split pipelining, or something to that effect, i'm just not sure where that option is, or what to change. now i do have the firewall enabled on my curve, but it will not let me disable it, as there is a small red lock next to that option. this was new out of the box, so there are no IT policies on here. i am not sure how to get this option remedied. does anyone have a solution that works?

and thanks in advance for any help that can be provided. everyone here is really helpful, and patient....thanks so much

*****UPDATE*****

well 1 hour on the phone with people..from t mobile, and rim, and they said to contact the manufacturer of the software titles because it must be a problem there. either that, or t mobile is restricting me from using those software titles....

i give up....officially*******
    Last edited by ryan7977; 03-24-2008 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Update

by the way....i'm on the phone with t mobile, and RIM.,..and they are stumped

just what i wanted to hear

insrebel36 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I was having the same problem when I tried to run Jivetalk. I gave up cause there seems to be no solution, everyone is dumbfounded by this problem. My brother has the same exact problem with a T-mobile BB Pearl and a replacement BB Pearl. I didn't call T-mobile or RIM though. Let me know how it turns out.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

i am still on with them. they seem to think there is an IT policy on there, but this was brand new out of the box. last week, i nuked a 8100 (which i posted about), and had the same identical problems with after an OS reload...so this is curious indeed...more to come...i am on what seems to be 4th level RIM support...i say that because this is the 4th person i've been transfered to...but i will say, they sure are nice people.

haggisgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the same problem with a different app (Mobipocket, maybe?) and the only way I could resolve it was to turn my Firewall off.
    Haggisgirl
    Why yes, that is my Miata. And, yes, it has a Ford 302.

if you think about it, this is pretty dumb. i mean, i've read about this issue, and people say to put the black policy on there, and reload the OS, but this is brand new out of the box....the problem has to lie elsewhere..i just wish i knew where. RIM was no help...t mobile was no help...what is the deal here?

I'm willing to paypal some 100 bucks to figure this out. This issue or how to get the firewall disabled

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    The problem could be a bad OS install. Brand new in box could also mean refurbished, some places are shady like that. Maybe someone used it before and did have it on a BES and returned it after the "test drive" It sounds exactly like an IT policy issue. Here's what I would do to fix this issue.
    Download JL_Cmder and use it to COMPLETELY wipe the OS off the Blackberry, thus rendering it an expensive paper weight. Then, follow the instruction on the below listed link to reinstall the newest OS. This will ensure there is no IT policy and will give you a fresh start.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...connected.html

Hope this helps, if you have any questions, PM me or PIN me
    Good Luck
    Last edited by saukrateaz; 03-24-2008 at 11:04 PM.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver

Quote Originally Posted by saukrateaz View Post
    The problem could be a bad OS install. Brand new in box could also mean refurbished, some places are shady like that. Maybe someone used it before and did have it on a BES and returned it after the "test drive" It sounds exactly like an IT policy issue. Here's what I would do to fix this issue.
    Download JL_Cmder and use it to COMPLETELY wipe the OS off the Blackberry, thus rendering it an expensive paper weight. Then, follow the instruction on the below listed link to reinstall the newest OS. This will ensure there is no IT policy and will give you a fresh start.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...connected.html

Hope this helps, if you have any questions, PM me or PIN me
    Good Luck

i PM'ed you..let me know what you think

haggisgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    Since its 3rd party apps that cause the problem, I would look to them for the solution rather than Rim or T-Mobile. Just my opinion though.
    Haggisgirl
    Why yes, that is my Miata. And, yes, it has a Ford 302.

Quote Originally Posted by haggisgirl View Post
    Since its 3rd party apps that cause the problem, I would look to them for the solution rather than Rim or T-Mobile. Just my opinion though.
    good point, but why would i not be able to disable the firewall? that option should not be locked.

tom32 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~does wipe out os from bb also mean voiding the warranty?

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok I had this issue with something I downloaded. And what I did was goto options security firewall then in the menu I reset counters and restored settings and the problem cleared up.

tom32 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I tried greenandgold52 method but still get that inside and outside of firewall

bigtankusa1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i went to options -> security -> firewall and then clicked disable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast