I seem to have lost the option to add an input language (Spanish). The instructions ... BlackBerry Curve forum

MKA
    MKA no está en línea Stack level 1

Input Language (Spanish)

Advertisement

I seem to have lost the option to add an input language (Spanish). The instructions I have seen tell me to go to Options/Language but 'Language' is not listed in Options. I used to have it and it seems that I may have deleted the other languages. Also, in Setup Wizard there is only the English language option.
    Does anyone have any ideas please?

FairGame no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2436b02f

Re: Input Language (Spanish)

In the desktop manager, if you have an OS installed on the computer, you should be able to see input languages, chose the one you desire. Please report back

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by FairGame; 02-20-2008 at 09:35 AM.

MKA

Thanks FairGame for replying. I have gone into Desktop Manager/Application Loader/Device Application Selection and cannot see anything in there relating to languages. Am I looking in the right place for the OS? If not, where should I look? Thanks.

PIN/ID
    2436b02f

when you go into the desktop manager do you see RIM os listed or do you only see the apps you installed on your bb? I assume you are only seeing your apps, in that case you need to download and install the latest OS for your bb on your computer, then and only then will you be able to see languages in the desktop manager.

MKA

I am only seeing the apps I've installed on my BB. So it seems I'll have to download the OS onto my computer. Will try that. Thanks.

PIN/ID
    2436b02f

Thats the case, once you install the OS on your computer your should be able to restore Spanish input. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

MKA

Brilliant, you are a genius! It has worked and I can now see the languages. Many thanks!