Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Originally Posted by OzzieDog Good review, question? What about applications, does it have all the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: Initial Impressions Of My 8300

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog
    Good review, question?
    What about applications, does it have all the security of the 8700?
    Absolutely it's as secure as any BlackBerry made.

I will admit that I tend to be very picky and I'm quite happy that everything about the Curve is great. The build quality in particular. It's rock solid, very easy to grip in a very secure fashion due to the rubber covering on the sides, and best of all the keyboard is fantastic.

When you pick it up to use it there are no creaks or noises due to loose or excess movement in the body parts or any other portion of the phone for that matter. It has the best fitting battery door of all the BB's I own.

I truly believe that RIM was paying very close attention to customer feedback, reviewing the various forums to read about users experiences with existing devices, and what they wanted in future BB's.

This phone is the result of that research on their part. As they are released here in the US and the word spreads as users become impressed and amazed at the quality upgrade as well as the host of other improvements, I predict the Curve will prove to be one of the most popular BlackBerrys of all time.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by jason9750
    Great review!!! I was wondering, I saw on phone scoop that the size of the curve is very close to the pearl. My question is they said it was only 0.36 wider than the pearl according to their measurements ... is this true is it really that close to the same size as the pearl??
    Here are the exact sizes:

107 x 50 x 14.5mm - 8100 Pearl
    106 x 60 x 15.5mm - 8300 Curve
    114 x 66 x 14.0mm - 8800 BlackBerry

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks for the info. Keep us informed. Good review.
    Come on Cingular/AT&T.

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mqasim
    I've heard this is not really for office use, like there is no support to open attachments. I want to get the curve, but then i have alot of attachments and my use is office based. Please let me know if i am making the right decision to move from pearl to the curve?
    As archer6 said, the 8300 will open many types of attachments, including PDFs. The CNET review details some of the supported attachment file types in the 10th paragraph of their review: CNET 8300 Review

What you may have heard about the 8300 (or any current Blackberry), is that you can not modify attachments (i.e. Word and Excel files). But even then, 3rd party apps will be available for the 8300 to enable you to modify attachments: eOffice at Handango

Last edited by 2-4Trippin; 05-21-2007 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-4Trippin
    As archer6 said, the 8300 will open many types of attachments, including PDFs. The CNET review details some of the supported attachment file types in the 10th paragraph of their review: CNET 8300 Review

What you may have heard about the 8300 (or any current Blackberry), is that you can not modify attachments (i.e. Word and Excel files). But even then, 3rd party apps will be available for the 8300 to enable you to modify attachments: eOffice at Handango

Thanks for the nice explanation and additional info.

You are absolutely correct. I forgot to mention it in my post, but as you said one can open, but not modify attachments.

To which I say: _YET_. As I firmly believe that based on what is surely be one of the most popular BlackBerrys yet, and as you have suggested here, there will be plenty of 3rd pary apps that will enable us to modify attachments.

Furthermore I also think that there will be more 3rd party apps for a wide variety of other uses, than at any other time in BlackBerry history.

The 8300 is a milestone accomplishment from RIM and by what I'm hearing the 9xxx series that will follow at some point will raise the bar even higher.

It's a good time to be using a BlackBerry!

Cheers (and I'm clicking the green Trust Level button for you)

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog
    does it have all the security of the 8700?
    Yes. It's a Blackberry.

HarryMonk no está en línea Stack level 2

My new 8300 arrived yesterday (I ordered it on Friday when Vodafone UK 'officially' had them in stock). All I can say is that it blows my old 8707v out of the water.

Not only is it smaller, it's more ergonomic and has far more interesting features than my previous BB.

Now if only you Americans would organise some decent themes for idiots like me who don't know how!

hisfattness no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

if you don't have a curve get it tmobile with the wifi is awesome

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234