takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Initial Impressions Of My 8300

Advertisement

Why not load a spellchecker?

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

O2 unlocked 8300- that had to of been expensive. Don't mind saying what you spent would you? I am on the verge of purchasing...my wife is going to kill me...lol. I like the 8800 for the gps and the large screen but it's not practical when it comes to size. The screen is great but I feel like I'm carring the nokia cross over phone / pda...the song "brick house" plays in my head as I'm toting this block on my hip. Ugh! The states are horrible with phones. Go europe! Dankasün (sp)
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely!

However in this particular case, it was a gift from a friend. Once again proving that friends are far more important than "stuff".

Cheers

~via BB 8300 (wap.pinstack.com)~

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

Can someone posts some pics of it plz?

icegrill no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415259c

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    I have a good friend in London that made it happen for me.
    i have a lot of contacts in London

thanx archer
    holla atcha boy

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by laz
    Can someone posts some pics of it plz?
    You want to see pics of the 8300? Here's some:
    BGR 8300 Gallery

Or the RIM site:
    BlackBerry Curve

njc2rn no está en línea Stack level 1

Great review... I've hd a 8700g for almost a year now... What it does well I love... Actually best device I've ever had. What I want added it seems the 8300 has... But whta I really want is ms office document management... I was actually thinking of going to the tmobile dash. Having said that, I LOVE my blackberry's messaging. Talk me out of jumping ship (it probably won't take much)

exilio no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by 2-4Trippin
    You want to see pics of the 8300? Here's some:
    BGR 8300 Gallery

Or the RIM site:
    BlackBerry Curve
    Oh I hadn't seen those pics over at BGR, thanks!

BlueFlames no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31AA2D97

I have been wonder my 8700g can replace for that???

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3

Great review! BTW, AT&T will be launching the 8300 very shortly. Latest firmware is very stable.

Couple of other noteables:
    - improved firewall UI. You can now selectively block incoming SMS, MMS, browser push messages.
    - camera is a 2 mega pixel! Put in a 2gb microSD card and what else do you need?!
    - device supports stereo bluetooth! (Need I say more?)
    - PTT functions very, very good on this device.
    - recording voice notes is supported and they can be sent pin to pin via BB Messenger.
    - haven't seen it but there is a converter to convert full length movies to a format that fits on the BB. Playback is as smooth as glass. (Read back on the stereo BT support and open your mind!)
    - screen is beautiful
    - with the rollerball on this, it's a shame that we can't get missle command or centipede on it! (Or can we?) Yes- I just stamped an age on myself.

This one is a winner. Although I don't use the phone that much, (waiting on the 3g models later this year that will do full data and voice due to job requirements), but this is the best one yet.

mqasim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20508e6b

I've heard this is not really for office use, like there is no support to open attachments. I want to get the curve, but then i have alot of attachments and my use is office based. Please let me know if i am making the right decision to move from pearl to the curve?

jason9750 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    JuStasK

Great review!!! I was wondering, I saw on phone scoop that the size of the curve is very close to the pearl. My question is they said it was only 0.36 wider than the pearl according to their measurements ... is this true is it really that close to the same size as the pearl??

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jason9750
    Great review!!! I was wondering, I saw on phone scoop that the size of the curve is very close to the pearl. My question is they said it was only 0.36 wider than the pearl according to their measurements ... is this true is it really that close to the same size as the pearl??
    Not by my calculations. From the RIM specifications. Pearl = 1.97 in Curve = 60 mm = 2.36 in. That equals a 0.39 in difference. Which puts it closer to the 8700 in width, which is 2.74 in.or .38 in difference.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Good review, question?
    What about applications, does it have all the security of the 8700?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by mqasim
    I've heard this is not really for office use, like there is no support to open attachments. I want to get the curve, but then i have alot of attachments and my use is office based. Please let me know if i am making the right decision to move from pearl to the curve?
    I use my BlackBerry's primarily for work. My new 8300 is the best business BlackBerry I own. Better than my 8800, or 8700c. I can open attachments no problem. I think whatever you read may have mislead you. This model does indeed have a camera so those business people that are forbidden to have a camera on their phone will not buy this, but everyone else in business will find it to be a great model for work. In addition, they included a media player for music and other functions. That it has a camera and media player is most likely the reason the author of the article you read suggested it was not a business device. However I find no basis for that comment.

I use mine for business without using either the camera or audio player, however out on the weekends it's nice to have those two extra features.

I have all five of the current BlackBerry form factors, 7130c, 8100, 8300, 8700c, 8800 and they are all great for business. It's all up to you and your personal preferences. That's precisely what I really like about the BlackBerry lineup is that there is a size and style for everyone.

Cheers....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast