I just got my Holux M1200 and it paired up perfectly with my curve. Fired ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Sky Zero no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C349C

InfoSpace FindIt + 8320 + GPS Puck?

Advertisement

I just got my Holux M1200 and it paired up perfectly with my curve. Fired up Google and Blackberry maps and they both work flawlessly. When I use InfoSpace FindIt, it doesn't seem to give me any GPS options. Does this app work with GPS pucks? I really like the What's Near feature that this app has and the voice directions, but I can't get it to work. If it doesn't work with GPS pucks, does anybody have any suggestions for a similar app? I tried AmazeGPS, but it doesn't cover the area where I live.

Thanks for any help!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: InfoSpace FindIt + 8320 + GPS Puck?

I never cared for InfoSpace. I believe it did not work well with my GPS puck on the 8300. I never tired it on my 8320.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

jones_science no está en línea Stack level 2

I could not get InfoSpace to recognize my GPS puck either on my 8100. Google Maps works great, however.

BB8320 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have an 8320 my self with a Cingular Bluetooth GPS PUCK, however I have not tried it ( left PUK at home ) will try it toniht, downloaded infospace Find it. Looks awsome, like the voice directions. But it looks like it might not be compatible since there is no options for GPS or how to enable it. It says that you are suppose to pair it first with bluetooth & then open Infospace for a fresh start. Will post tomorrow with experience

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

This is what InfoSpaceFindit says.

The availability and accuracy of GPS based applications will vary depending on the environment and the location where the application is used.

If your device supports GPS, Find It! Will try to determine your location at startup and when you choose "Refresh Location". In some situations where adequate signal is not obtained , the GPS features of the application will not function.

wasafiri no está en línea Stack level 1

for whatever reason, findit gps function only works on phones that have internal gps, e.g. blackberry 8310. don't know why infospace never bothered to add gps puck support, and since the company is now nosediving, i doubt the program will ever be upgraded. time to move on to other things.

cwadams70 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319E8B43

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Mapquest navigator is what I use with my 8830 puck and it works great. Voice navigation is right on the mark. Enjoy.