Hi Stackers, is there a Way to increase the internal memory of the 8310 like ... BlackBerry Curve forum

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Increase avail Mem on the 8310

Advertisement

Hi Stackers,

is there a Way to increase the internal memory of the 8310 like on the Pearl?

As I had my Pearl I could free up to 30 MB of inernal Memory as described here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...the_pearl.html

So is there something else for the 8310? I try to delete the language files but there was a file to much I deleted and I have to reinstall the OS

TIA
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Increase avail Mem on the 8310

Here's another thread you might want to read through if you haven't seen it already. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...r_pearl-3.html

PIN/ID
    281860C8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yep, I know this thread. I posted there that I raise my avail Mem on the Pearl from ~20 to ~30 Megs. But if I try this on the 8310 the BB will crash with different errormessages

So if there is a possibillity to do something similar on the Curve or have I to live with the 18 Megs free?

Peter

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Is this on a fresh os install? You've removed all un-needed languages and sample video files?

I've deleted all that stuff, and over 30 3rd party apps. I still have 16 mb free space.

PIN/ID
    281860C8

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    Is this on a fresh os install? You've removed all un-needed languages and sample video files?

I've deleted all that stuff, and over 30 3rd party apps. I still have 16 mb free space.

Yep, it was a clean install. I deleted the unneed Languages via DM and all the stuff I don't need (deleting the *cod's) but more than 18 Megs isn't possible.

So is there any other way to get more or is this the max ammount of free space?

BTW it could be less than the Pearl. IIRC had the Pearl 64 Megs of int. Mem and the Curve 54 Megs.

THX
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i did a clean install on my 8310, with the singapore 4.2.2.184. one downloaded on the computer. i went into c: program files, common files, research in motion, shared, and deleted all the ptt apps, the rim media 320x240, bb media loader, all the languages other then english, and some other stuff i read on how to free up curves memory. did the install through app loader not DM and i have installed viigo, jive talk, black white list, berry 411, and a few themes and i have 29mb free, and running smoothe and clear. do this at your own risk. im just telling what ive done and how its working out. there is a thread on how to free up curves memory follow it and it should work out good. on my peal i had 38 mb free all the time with 5-6 apps and several themes
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.