I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before. It seems like when ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Question Inconsistency in File Free/Memory Count

Advertisement

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before. It seems like when I restart by holding down LEFT ALT + RIGHT SHIFT AND DELETE and/or pull out the battery and do a hard reset, my memory count ends up being where it should be, 25mb. (I've deleted PTT, Voice Dialing, Preloaded Wallpapers/Pictures, the sample video and the AT&T theme.) However, after using it for about half a day or so, my file free/memory count ends up being 17mb or so EVEN AFTER I've cleared the internet cache, internet history, cleared my event log (ALT + L + G + L + G) AND shut down Jivetalk. Does anyone know why this happens? Is this because I'm still running the 4.2 OS? Does the new OS have a fix to this? I tried finding some answers, but have not had any luck. Thanks in advance for your help.

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before. It seems like when I restart by holding down LEFT ALT + RIGHT SHIFT AND DELETE and/or pull out the battery and do a hard reset, my memory count ends up being where it should be, 25mb. (I've deleted PTT, Voice Dialing, Preloaded Wallpapers/Pictures, the sample video and the AT&T theme.) However, after using it for about half a day or so, my file free/memory count ends up being 17mb or so EVEN AFTER I've cleared the internet cache, internet history, cleared my event log (ALT + L + G + L + G) AND shut down Jivetalk. Does anyone know why this happens? Is this because I'm still running the 4.2 OS? Does the new OS have a fix to this? I tried finding some answers, but have not had any luck. Thanks in advance for your help.
    It sounds like you just have one of the many Berrys that is hampered by a memory leak. It seems as though not all of them have this problem though; I know my current Curve doesn't lose memory, but one of the older Curves I had did...
    I'm trying to do this "blog" thing and write (or cut and paste) something meaningful a few times a week. Anyway, check it out and read, learn, argue with me, or agree with me, all right HERE .

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hmm, do you know if that is something that is fixable? I have a 8310, which is the newer one. As I recall, the 8300 is the one that should have problems.