My husband got a new curve (verizon is the network) through work and has been ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mish2brivero no está en línea Stack level 1

incomplete activation (11%)

Advertisement

My husband got a new curve (verizon is the network) through work and has been having a hard time getting it set up. His IT dept doesn't seem to be to eager to help either!

He has an icon on his screen that says activation 11%. It looks like an activation process was started, and he is able make calls, check email, browse the net. But we can't figure out how to get it to complete the process -- the first item on the list is complete. There are 4 or 5 more items that it says have not been activated yet. I can't remember what it says but I think one of the items that is pending is maps.

Any idea what the problem is? We're not that worried about it because the phone/email works but it is bugging me that we can't completely "activate".

Thanks!

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    how good is your signal in the area you are in ?

I have activated phones and ran into issues and had to stop the activation.

Go to Options > Adv Options > Enterprise Options > it should have a list of things it's trying to sync/activate.

if all else fails....power off and pull the battery...but this might make u have to reactivate it since the current activation didn't finish
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Theegg no está en línea Stack level 1
    i dont' know if this is helpful or not and its really simple... But when I was activating my phone t would start then tell me it was incomplete. So i just shut my phone off and watched t.v for about 15 minutes, turned the phone back on and it let me activate it all the way

Crimesy no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had a similar problem with a number of users, the 11% activation seemed to affect users who'd upgraded to one of the 8000 series devices from either a 7230/7290. In the end we found that the problem was that one of our BES servers hadn't been patched for a while..

Wiping the device and moving the user to another (up-to-date) BES resolved the problem and the device activated first time on the new server.

mish2brivero no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well I shut the device down, pulled the battery and the icon has disappeared from the home screen. I guess that will do for now.
    Thanks!