Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I love my 8320 if you don't do a lot of travel there is no ... BlackBerry Curve forum

frankthomas no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I love my 8320 if you don't do a lot of travel there is no need for gps and if you do just get direction as to where you need to go before hand. Also the google map app. Gives you your location within a mile or so. So as long as you can read a map you're fine~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

anaenima no está en línea Stack level 3
    For the person asking about getting a gps puck, you can get one from ebay. Search for bluetooth gps receiver.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    There isn't a better phone out right now. Next year............?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAnggie View Post
    hi there, im using BB 8320. How do you add gps to it?
    I have tried loots of apps to add gps to it, but nothing seems to work.
    On one of the app, it said i should turn on the bluetooth, which i did. but nothing happened.
    Is there any ways to add gps to my bb without having to use external bouetooth device?
    No, there is no other way to add GPS to an 8320 without using an external device. You can use Google Maps and it's simulated GPS feature. In phones without GPS (such as the 8320) it uses Cellular Triangulation to determine where you are. In layman's terms, it asks the cell towers you are connected to for their location and gives you an approximate calculated location.

Zo

C.Ambrosio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2581694A
    I have had a large range of smart phones and now that I am back to the bb I am never leaving. After getting the 8320 it keeps life so much simpler . As a law enforcement wife I can keep his sched, mine and our kids and if need be the call outs can be routed to my number as well as a back up since I have better service than the issued phone he has and quite frankly his personal phone as well.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yeah........my 8820!

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    Yeah........my 8820!

The 88xx series is more like a brick than the curve is like a brick, but not by much.
    Actually isn't a little thinner? or is it just flatter? Still, it has a significantly larger body with the same size screen. Both are nice phones.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    The 88xx series is more like a brick than the curve is like a brick, but not by much.
    Actually isn't a little thinner? or is it just flatter? Still, it has a significantly larger body with the same size screen. Both are nice phones.
    Everyone has there own personal choice. I love my 8820....."brick". I've been there and done that with a curve for 8 days and couldn't wait to get rid of it.

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    yes the 9000 bold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

NYNWYR no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yeah I'll tell you what is better a 8320 With the finished 4.5 OS but I don't think we will see that i our lifetime.

NYNWYR no está en línea Stack level 2
    Aaaahhhhhhhhhh

beamolite no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F73F86
    I had an 8100 Pearl and loved the phone. Only in my wildest dreams could I imagine anything better. The Curve 8320 is it. I am running OS 4.5 and love everything about this phone. Only complaint I have is the screen is so big it's a bit awkward moving the pointer about. But I am sure I will get used to it.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    ^^Your right about the curser, but i went into the menu while in the browser and options and general properties and unchecked enable curser and went back to the block curser.

beamolite no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F73F86
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    ^^Your right about the curser, but i went into the menu while in the browser and options and general properties and unchecked enable curser and went back to the block curser.
    thanks for the tip.

aflansburg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2469F3D5
    The only downside I see to the 8320 is the fact that there aren't a whole lot of good themes out. Hopefully the next plazmic CDK release will be soon. Anybody heard anything? It's all hush hush on the Plazmic website. I'm sure the mods here know, but aren't saying.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast