Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

THIS JUST SHOWED UP ON T-MOBILE NEWS: Important Information for BlackBerry Curve Customers: Transferring Data ... BlackBerry Curve forum

yensid no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Important: Read Before You Transfer Your Data From Your Old Bby To The 8320!

Advertisement

THIS JUST SHOWED UP ON T-MOBILE NEWS:

Important Information for BlackBerry Curve Customers:
    Transferring Data to your Curve without Losing
    Hotspot @Home Capability
    Issue

The BlackBerry Curve may lose Hotspot @Home capability when you switch from your previous

BlackBerry device to the BlackBerry Curve.

How does the problem occur?

If you uses the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on your PC to “Backup” the data and settings from

your previous BlackBerry device, and then “Restore” that data and settings to your new device,
    your Curve will lose its Hotspot @Home capability.

What does that mean to me?

If you lose Hotspot @Home capability you:

Cannot make voice calls over WiFi. All voice calls must go over the T-Mobile network.
    Cannot make free calls over WiFi, even if you have the HotSpot @Home plan.
    Cannot send text or picture messages or access t-zones over Wi-Fi.
    How do I prevent the problem?

If you need to backup your old Blackberry device and restore to your new BlackBerry Curve,

please follow these instructions to avoid removing your device’s Hotspot @Home capability:

Backup the old Blackberry device using Desktop Manager Backup Restore
    Selectively Restore Data from the Backup:

1. Connect the device to the computer.
    2. Open Desktop Manager, and double-click
    Backup and Restore

3. Click
    Advanced

4. Click
    File, Openand then select the Backup File you want.

5. On the left side, use Shift-click to select all Desktop File Databases.
    6. On the left side, use Ctrl-click to de-select these two databases:

Handheld Key Store
    Trusted Key Store

7. Make sure those two Databases are NOT highlighted, and then click the rightward
    pointing arrow. This will copy these Databases onto the Handheld
    8. Once Transfer is complete, close Backup and Restore, then exit Desktop Manager.
    9. Data has now successfully transferred between your devices without jeopardizing
    your Hotspot @Home connection.
    If your BlackBerry Curve has lost it’s Hotspot @Home capability, please contact your T-Mobile
    representative for detailed instructions on how to restore this capability.

and of course, i just ordered mine through the employee upgrade program about 2 hours ago

the glitch is aparently reversable, but just be careful. the hotspot@home is one of the main reasons (aside from its overall awesomeness )that I upgraded from the Pearl.

i hope this saves at least a few of us from this.

Last edited by yensid; 09-28-2007 at 11:54 PM.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Important: Read Before You Transfer Your Data From Your Old Bby To The 8320!

This should be a sticky.. thanks.

This happened to me and had to wiped my device, now all is well.

Mareshalu no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Important: Read Before You Transfer Your Data From Your Old Bby To The 8320!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Kinda late but I'm still in the trial period yeey!

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for the detailed info. Now I just need a Curve.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Excellent advice - STICKY this Mods...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

It's been stuck

maytag6309 no está en línea Stack level 2

Guys I had the same thing happen. I had to wipe out the device and do the selective advanced back up on both wife's Peral to 8320 and mine 8800 to 8320. Also something just happened again....Look out for Google service (news,gmail,search,maps) pack.. I downloaded and installed it ..Was running wifi and edge. Got a pion message and locked up...Then i pulled the battery..ANd then only small edge.I removed the program and it all came back.....JUSST FYI

jwprice no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423A566

So RIM/T-Mobile figured out it was the (handheld & trusted key store) that caused the problem?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Yup. It appears that RIM and/or T-Mo did some digging to find the exact cause.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

I had the same problem. good now I can fix it.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

hisfattness no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~right on for the info man

yensid no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

you all have helped me so much, glad i was able to give back. this is the first website that i give to new customers when i sell them on the blackberry! i make sure to tell them what a truly fantastic community that this is.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Update!

Fix can now also be found on RIM's BlackBerry support site here...
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2028853446

Unable to connect to the T-Mobile HotSpot @Home service using the BlackBerry Curve 8320 smartphone

Environment
    • BlackBerry® Curve™ 8320 smartphone
    • T-Mobile® HotSpot @Home™ service

Problem

You restored data from a backup file that was created by another BlackBerry smartphone model. As a result, the necessary Wi-Fi® configuration settings for using T-Mobile Hotspot @Home are missing.

Resolution

Complete the following tasks to resolve this issue:
    1. Access the BlackBerry HELP! web site to import the necessary certificates.
    2. Import the Root Certificates.
    3. Import the Trust Certificates.
    4. Reset the BlackBerry Curve 8320 smartphone.
    Task 1

Access the BlackBerry HELP! web site to import the necessary certificates.
    1. From the Home screen of the BlackBerry Curve 8320 smartphone, click the BlackBerry HELP! icon. The BlackBerry® Browser opens to the BlackBerry HELP! web site.
    2. Under Help Directory at the top of the page, click the link for HotSpot@Home is not working on my BlackBerry 8320.
    Task 2

Import the Root Certificates.
    1. On the BlackBerry HELP! web site, click the link for Install Root Certificate. The X509 Certificate Summary web page appears.
    2. Scroll down the page and click the Import button. The Import button will only be available if the certificate is not installed on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    3. Type a new key store password (if prompted). Remember this password because you will need it to complete Task 3. Note: The key store password is not the password that you may have set up when locking your BlackBerry smartphone.
    4. When a dialog box appears asking you Would you like to trust the certificate for T-Mobile USA, Inc. Root CA?, click Yes.
    5. When a dialog box appears with the message The following application is requesting access to your Handheld Key Store, click OK. The BlackBerry Browser returns to the X509 Certificate Summary web page.
    6. Press the Escape key to return to the previous page.
    Task 3

Import the Trust Certificates.
    1. Click the link for Install Trust Certificate. The X509 Certificate Summary web page appears.
    2. Scroll down and click the Import button. The Import button will only be available if the certificate is not installed on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    3. If you are prompted to enter a key store password, type the password you created when previously installing the Root certificate.
    4. When a confirmation dialog box appears with the message The following application is requesting access to your Handheld Key Store, click OK. The BlackBerry Browser returns to the X509 Certificate Summary web page.
    5. Press the Escape key to return to the previous page.
    Task 4

Reset the BlackBerry 8320 smartphone.
    1. Remove the battery cover on the back of the BlackBerry smartphone.
    2. Remove the battery completely from the BlackBerry smartphone. The screen will go blank.
    3. Reinsert the battery in its compartment.
    4. Reattach the battery cover.
    5. Once the BlackBerry smartphone has finished resetting, test connecting to the HotSpot @Home service.

jwprice no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423A566

i did the first method at the top of the thread and the UMA button still went away, so i'm trying this method and I'll let you guys know if it works!

Denice no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EA9258

Thanks for the information. I will be getting the 8320 this week and am switching from the Pearl. I love this web site as it provides the latest and greatest.

Denice
    Denice :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast