Are there any implications of running personal email across the BB when the phone is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jd13 no está en línea Stack level 1

implications of having BB server and personal email

Advertisement

Are there any implications of running personal email across the BB when the phone is also being run through a BB server for work email?

PAX
    JD
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    It all depends what your companies policies are for having personal email on a corporate device or personal device on a corporate server. My previous company was ok with it but remember that once you have personal email on a device that is run on a BES server nothing is private. If they wanted to, it can be pulled from your phone without your knowledge.

But it only downlaods to the phone? and with the proper settings, is not syncing back to the server? and not technically running through the server, correct?

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Doesn't matter as long as a device is connected to the BES server nothing is protected. Its all in how the IT Policy is done. When you say not technically running through the server do you mean pop 3? If its pop 3 thats different. Let me clarify this, you get corporate email on your blackberry but can you send out corporate email out of your blackberry with your work email address?

Yes, I can send messages from my BB with work e-mail.

As far as not running through the server, I am not sure how the "personal account" would show up on my BB.

PAX
    JD

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Maybe there is something I'm missing here. How are you not running on a server? If you could explain that to me I would appreciate that.

I am just curious how the personal e-mail comes to the BB. That is it. I guess I would see all the mail, work and personal, the same way?

PAX
    JD