Hey guys, My buddy has a BlackBerry 8330 that he just got a month ago ... BlackBerry Curve forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Images displaying Stretched and Battery Dying Quick!! Help

Advertisement

Hey guys,
    My buddy has a BlackBerry 8330 that he just got a month ago (or so) from Verizon, it's his first BlackBerry and he's slowly falling in love.

But lately he's been having trouble with it.

1) We chat a lot via BBM, and occasionally we send Pics, Tones and such to each other.
    Well the other day I sent him an image, it looked great on my Pearl 8100, but when I looked at it on his 8330, it was stretched and looked pretty bad...Any idea why??

2) Also, his battery drains pretty fast, he has to charge every 5 hours

What would you guys recommend he do??

Thanks in advance!!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Pics over BBM always look bad when sent to a device with a different screen. The pearl screen is taller, but the curve is wider...sending one to the other does not translate well. You should see storm screenshots on a pearl

As far a the battery goes, it depends on what he is using it for. If there are IM apps running or if he uses it for streaming music etc that really eats up the juice. If he isn't running much of anything or using it much and it dies that quick then a trip to the VZW store for a replacement is in order.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Thanks azstar, for your reply.

Well, funny thing is that the images I usually sent are NOT images I have taken with my Pearl, they're usually images I've copied to my device via USB or images I've received via Email or MMS....I wonder why they would display differently if they were not originally shot/captured with the Pearl?

As for the battery, he mainly uses his phone for work, to check his emails and such..but as for Music, Apps, Phone and Messaging, his usage is about average...So I think he will have to take to the VZW store to see what they can do...seeing as it's only a month old.