[FONT=&quot]I have a new Blackberry Curve Mobile phone ±2 months. The lcd screen is no ... BlackBerry Curve forum

peterc01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25576A1

Im so upset (put mildly) with BB

Advertisement

[FONT=&quot]I have a new Blackberry Curve Mobile phone ±2 months. The lcd screen is no longer functioning so I took it to the Vodacom support shop (zero Support) they said it was mechanical damage and that I had to pay for the repair. There isn't a scratch on this thing. I told them I have in my pocket while walking and on my seat/desk when driving or working. They told me it must have happened when it was in my pocket. The phone comes with its own pouch but doesn’t have a clip to put it on your waist. Is there a button on the curve that allows it to levitate next to you while your on the move?[/FONT]

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm so sorry to hear about this Peter. Sounds unusual that the screen wouldn't have any apparent physical damage were it your fault. It would be a shame for Vodaphone to avoid replacing your poor phone due to a defective LCD by blaming it on you.
    If the phone's still within their exchange period, or you have insurance on it, I would tell them you're not buying their story and demand that it be replaced.
    I shopped the web and got my Blackberry leather case with belt clip at a very reasonable price. I think it would be just what you need for your replacement phone.
    Once again, sorry to hear about what's happened, and I hope Vodaphone makes it right with you

PIN/ID
    25576A1
    Hi there Berrydict

They said that i must have put it under pressure while it wa in my pocket. Believe it or not you cant get accesories for BB's in South Africa well not were I am anyway

Denisenicole no está en línea Stack level 3
    The upset is not with BB but with the service provider. Vodacom refusing to honor their warranty, but as berrydict says you should call their bluff

PIN/ID
    25576A1
    They could at least make the pouch so that you could put it through your belt. Dont you think

Denisenicole no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you do a search on ebay there are countless options when it comes to cases and holsters, most come with options to clip to your belt. BB has given you a standard holster, most other phones doesn't even come with one. The onus is on you to the find accessories that fit your lifestyle. Unfortunately for you your service provider isn't smart enough to offer more options, so it still isn't BB's fault

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    Quote Originally Posted by peterc01 View Post
    [FONT=&quot]I have a new Blackberry Curve Mobile phone ±2 months. The lcd screen is no longer functioning so I took it to the Vodacom support shop (zero Support) they said it was mechanical damage and that I had to pay for the repair. There isn't a scratch on this thing. I told them I have in my pocket while walking and on my seat/desk when driving or working. They told me it must have happened when it was in my pocket. The phone comes with its own pouch but doesn’t have a clip to put it on your waist. Is there a button on the curve that allows it to levitate next to you while your on the move?[/FONT]

that is jacked up, you havent had it long enough to damage it, if you broke the lcd it would be rather apparent in the condition of the phone. they suck seriously, ask for a supervisor
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Insert catchy phrase here..

PIN/ID
    25576A1
    thanks for all the input. I know I should have said Im upset with "My" bb at the moment. But if you look at the pouch they supply it has a double thick section at the back which looks like it could be a slot to put your belt through Im sure that would be easy enough to do..In fact I think im gonna try it, it may help me while im getting a proper one imported from over your side.