Hi there all, I'm here to find out on where do I go to find ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chad1980 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question I'm having problems installing themes to my phone! pls help (i'm very new)

Advertisement

Hi there all,

I'm here to find out on where do I go to find great and cool looking themes, etc. for my blackberry curve 8330 smart phone...

I've looked at all of the threads that everyone has posted and they haven't been much help..

I don't know on what I'm doing wrong, anyways the current desktop manager version I have is 4.7and the files that I've had problems installing... I've been getting messages like "this file is not supported", So I don't know on what I can do to fix this problem? I've been searching all over google.ca for FREEBIE's of themes and what not... Can someone please provide me with helpful information on what I have to do to be able to download new themes with out no problems??

This is what the message that I keep on getting..

My curve keeps on telling me "No additional applications designed for your device were found" I believe I followed the steps to adding new themes
    What am I doing wrong?

for more information on my cell phone exactly on what the problem is I've listed below the details and what not that you guys might be helpful...

CDMA 4.3.0.124
    Platform: 3.1.0.71

Telus Blackberry curve 8330

Thanks, all helpful is greatful!!
    Last edited by chad1980; 03-15-2009 at 11:07 PM. Reason: forgot to add needed helpful information..

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Chad,
    Here is a great place to start looking for themes. I notice you are running 4.3 so you will need to make sure the themes are for 4.3 and not 4.5. You will also need to make sure that you have your current operating system installed to your PC.

I would also suggest upgrading to 4.5 soon, so you can enjoy all the newer features and awesome themes. If you need any help on any of this feel free to ask. I might also suggest DM 4.6 instead of 4.7.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Chad,
    Here is a great place to start looking for themes. I notice you are running 4.3 so you will need to make sure the themes are for 4.3 and not 4.5. You will also need to make sure that you have your current operating system installed to your PC.

I would also suggest upgrading to 4.5 soon, so you can enjoy all the newer features and awesome themes. If you need any help on any of this feel free to ask. I might also suggest DM 4.6 instead of 4.7.

okay thanks, say as I said before, I'm very NEW at this whole black berry thing, and I don't know on where I go to upgrade to version 4.5? without doing no damage to the phone.. Can you please assist me in finding out these information? I'm just guessing the 4.5 version has to do with the phone right not the desktop manager software?

Thanks!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Correct 4.5 is the device operating system and not DM. If you are very new the easiest way to upgrade is by going here . To learn a lot on upgrading and other things you can check the links in my blog below and find out a lot of info.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Go to blackberry.com.
    Go to device software.
    Pick Telus, then your device.
    Download device software 4.5 to your pc, and run the download to install on pc.
    Download desktop manager 4.6 and install it.
    Connect phone to pc. Run DM. It should offer to upgrade your phone to 4.5.

After up and running, seek here and other sites for themes for 83xx devices. Look far "OTA" download so you can dl direct to phone and not mess with themes on your pc then have to install via DM.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by dgburns View Post
    Go to blackberry.com.
    Go to device software.
    Pick Telus, then your device.
    Download device software 4.5 to your pc, and run the download to install on pc.
    Download desktop manager 4.6 and install it.
    Connect phone to pc. Run DM. It should offer to upgrade your phone to 4.5.

After up and running, seek here and other sites for themes for 83xx devices. Look far "OTA" download so you can dl direct to phone and not mess with themes on your pc then have to install via DM.

I'm guessing I would have to have my cell phone still connected to the PC right? are these themes 100% FREE without no BS?

Would it bring up a message of the following instrutions?

thanks
    Last edited by chad1980; 03-15-2009 at 11:38 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    For OTA themes you will have to browse to them on your BB and download. There would be no need to have your device connected to your PC.

For OTA themes you will have to browse to them on your BB and download. There would be no need to have your device connected to your PC.

Ahh ic, I thought that you can download the themes for FREE!! off of the net? that's what I was trying to ask is there a great 100% FREE website on where I can download themes for my BB? Now by downloading the themes via OTA, will there be a downloading fee? or is it FREE!!

Ethan1006 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Loo it's simple. On your curves browser look for themes for curve 8330 4.3.download it ota (over the air). You can also update your bb to 4.5 and look for themes made for os 4.5. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1006 View Post
    Loo it's simple. On your curves browser look for themes for curve 8330 4.3.download it ota (over the air). You can also update your bb to 4.5 and look for themes made for os 4.5. Good luck.

Yea I know I have looked for themes for my curve, but it says that I have to pay for it? in which I was trying to find themes that I can download 100% FREE!!

Which I don't know on what website is the total best!! to find this..

And what I was also wondering once I update the DM software to 4.5 Do I still go under the curve's browser to look for themes? I'm VERY NEW at this.. What do I do after I finish updating to 4.5 for the DM? Can you please provide me with step-by-step instructions, on where do I go after that or what do I do after I download the DM version 4.5?

Thanks
    Last edited by chad1980; 03-16-2009 at 11:57 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The link I provided in my first post in this thread takes you to the 8330 themes download section of PinStack. You won't find any better any where else and they are ALL free. Just browse through and I am sure you will find something you will like. Here it is again http://forums.pinstack.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150

The link I provided in my first post in this thread takes you to the 8330 themes download section of PinStack. You won't find any better any where else and they are ALL free. Just browse through and I am sure you will find something you will like. Here it is again http://forums.pinstack.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150

Okay thanks,

Now what I don't know on how do I install them to the blackberry? I've never done it before? I have just downloaded a .cod & a .alx files inside of a .rar folder and I don't know on where I do I put it in to?

george_perez no está en línea Stack level 1
    Look for 8330 themes ones you find the one you like look for the code in top or under the theme look for the code "OTA" or "ZIP" and click on it.To download the themes ok

george_perez no está en línea Stack level 1
    Look for 8330 themes ones you find the one you like look for the code in top or under the themes look for the code "OTA" or "ZIP" and click on it.To download the themes on your cell phone ok.ones u finish download it the theme go on your options go down and look for your themes blackberry