View Poll Results: Is unlocking the Curve on T-Mo worth it?

Voters
81. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes, its worth it.

34 41.98%
  • Not really, just wait.

21 25.93%
  • Don't go for T-Mo.

26 32.10%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Originally Posted by kane i had tmobile and when i called about why im service ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: I'm leaving at&t...got a question for T-mo

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    i had tmobile and when i called about why im service was so bad they told me and dont quote me i couldnt use my phone in the house but if im outside driving i sould be fine that was the last convo i had with tmobile
    When you say, "im service" - I'm guessing you mean instant messaging? If so - the Oz service on T-Mobile is not especially good. Over the past couple of years, it's been really spotty. Problem is that the Oz client uses SMS transport to communicate with the Oz gateway server that T-Mobile runs, which then feeds the messages to the various "real" IM services (MSN, AOL, etc), and must do the reverse coming back. It's a big kludgy, and sometimes they run into massive backlogs and delays, so that messages sometimes take hours to get through. Some people are OK with Oz, but I personally found it unusable.

That being said - I use JiveTalk on T-Mobile, and it's fantastic. Never had a problem with T-Mobile service except for Oz, and that's a non-issue for me, as there are good alternatives available and everything else about them is great for me.

supafli20 no está en línea Stack level 2

At this point I would just wait since the tmo curve will be coming out in a little over a month. As far as coverage goes, I would just take advantage of the trial period and see how the reception is. A phone no matter how awesome does not warrant switching to a carrier that won't work
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jax80 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f8b97f

I've had both AT&T and currently have T-Mobile in NYC ...I think AT&T sucks personally...so many more dropped calls than T-Mobile.

I used to have problems with my Pearl for T-Mobile in my apartment...but have no problems at all with the unlocked 8300 Curve.

I was thinking of waiting for the 8320 Curve...but realized that I dont need to WiFi ..so might as well just get the unlocked 8300 for cheaper. Had to replace the software with the O2 version (instructions are available on the forum) ..but a few bumps ...im all good to go.

Jax

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

now, I do have a problem with people saying that at&t has more dropped calls than T-mo. T-mobile is now roaming (for no charge) off the at&t network. So if anything, the networks are the same, maybe stronger along the highways because that seems to be the only thing T-mo wants to put their own towers around...

...I think I'm going to stay with at&t though. I've had no network problems, I like the rollover minutes, and dont mind paying an extra 20 bucks a month...
    Cingular is now the new at&t

Truman no está en línea Stack level 2

We just changed to AT&T from Alltel in Arizona. AT&T has the coverage we need for when my husband travels for business. AT&T also beat or meet other companies prices when we factored in a family plan with group minutes and individual BB data packages. For us, coverage is the most important. What good does it do to have a cell if you xcant get decent reception? via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin
    Wow. That's awesome. I never get that though.

Get that BB out of your face and maybe you will.
    Yes...the BB must have been created and bestowed upon
    us by the Almighty Himself because it is amazingly
    wonderful in all that it does to divert and entertain {LavaGirl}

KingTone no está en línea Stack level 1

do you think at&t will hook up the curve with 3G and wifi??

patricks05 no está en línea Stack level 1

i work for t-mo and i know that the curve will launch on the 9-24 no price yet, and it will hwve wifi, so i would just wait

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

A phone being 3G has nothing to do with at&t. Its the manufacturers who make a phone 3G. In this case: RIM~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by KingTone
    do you think at&t will hook up the curve with 3G and wifi??
    The market for 3g is definitely here. RIM knows this and I'm sure it's coming with the 9xxx series. If not, I'll eat my hat. Perhaps RIM wants to coincide with TMO's upcoming 3G services, perhaps that's just a coincidence. But a 3G BB will be here soon for us technologically lacking americans.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345