Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The phone just barley broke a week old and I dropped it for the first ... BlackBerry Curve forum

privax no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm heartbroken. I just dropped my baby.

Advertisement

The phone just barley broke a week old and I dropped it for the first time.. right out the OEM holster. Whoever thought to not make it a button maget and just a magnet is beyond me.. AHH I'm so upset right now. Still under the 30 day return period but I think i'm going to be a solider and stick it out.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Dropped mine over the weekend, for the first time since I wrapped it in a Seidio Hard Rubberized Case.

Top of the cover flew off, but absolutely NO damage to my device!

Might want to consider some other sort of protection.

Roger

5 one no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    it's ok to have battle scars. it just means your in the fight

Yeah I know it would of protected it because the dent/smudge came right where say a rubber cover would of been.. but i just cant see my self hiding the good looks of the phone.

I have Sprint TEP so eventually if anything I'll swap it out later on in say 6-8 months if it starts to look bad you know?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    if your still under the 30 day warranty go swap it for another one. why not ya know.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I dropped mine several times, once even let it go flying and it landed hard

But it was in it's Otterbox Defender, best case ever if you are a danger to BBs like I am

I need the protection, but boy is it bulky and ugly lol.....I set it free on weekends and just use the seidio rubberized hard case in blue, much thinner and nicer looking, but not as good protection either, so I have to be careful!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Trottsky no está en línea Stack level 2
    I use the oem case and I dropped it the other night. Not a scratch on the case or the berry. I guess it was. The way it landed.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

geekygURL no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Dropped mine over the weekend, for the first time since I wrapped it in a Seidio Hard Rubberized Case.

Top of the cover flew off, but absolutely NO damage to my device!

Might want to consider some other sort of protection.

Roger
    Thanks for the suggestion...just went and ordered this (hoping to stave off heartbreak).

Quote Originally Posted by Trottsky View Post
    I use the oem case and I dropped it the other night. Not a scratch on the case or the berry. I guess it was. The way it landed.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    it wasnt the case, it was the oem leather holster and it fell out of it onto the cement

Gotta get yourself one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygURL View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion...just went and ordered this (hoping to stave off heartbreak).
    Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Gotta get yourself one of these.

That's what it fell out of.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by privax View Post
    Whoever thought to not make it a button maget and just a magnet is beyond me.
    i love the oem case and i don't like the button magnets.i always carry mine horizontally and have never had any problems(knocking on wood).how did it fall out of the case?

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307
    I would return mine while I can because you never know what might happen in the future.
    **Ashmee**

I don't think I'm going to return it. It's just a small smudge type dent and it doesn't look THAT bad. I'm afraid that if I return it that my luck the replacement will fall even harder on accident or there will be something wrong with the phone all together. I have Sprint TEP so like I said earlier I'll eventually swap it out later in the year or once I get like 8 months or so or some damage. I know eventually the phone will drop and there's nothing I can do about it.

I leave the holster horizontal not vertical and I have no idea how the phone wasn't all the way in the holster but it wasn't, it was sticking out a bit and when I got out of my car it just dropped and the battery cover fell off.

The magnet isnt THAT strong on the flap and i'm used to the maget and a button, which gives it that little snap/lock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast