Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I posted this in the 8100 thread but I'd also like to hear what you ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JohnnyJB04 no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm getting the Curve for FREE! R.I.P. Pearl?

Advertisement

I posted this in the 8100 thread but I'd also like to hear what you guys have to say about my current situation.

So I got a job with AT&T a few weeks ago and I begin training in the store on Monday. One of the managers called me today and asks me if I had any ideas as to what phone I'd like to have for a company phone.

I told him that I already had a Pearl and that I would like to keep that because I've been really satisfied with it and then he asks me if I'd like to get the new Curve and I told him that I would love to have it and the only reason why I didn't ask for that to begin with was because I thought there might be a certain price range on which phone I was allowed to get.

He laughed about it and then told me that he was ordering the phone for me today and I will be getting it next week.

I'm not the kind of person who carries around two phones so what do you guys think I should do with my Pearl? I just signed up with AT&T about four months ago and so I don't want to cancel my account

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: I'm getting the Curve for FREE! R.I.P. Pearl?

Congrats on the phone and the job
    keep the pearl around for fun and tell your manager about the situation, he may be able to help with a price reduction there too. I had a boss who did that for me!
    keep us posted
    Last edited by kayos72; 06-15-2007 at 11:57 PM.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

thanks for teasing us about the free Curve lol

seriously you will enjoy it... as for the Pearl, do you have to have both lines (work and personal) ? or will they let you use the issued one for personal... as in you pay the service on it with great discounts, or does the store pay for it?
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that they would just be able to merge my current account to the employee plan but he said that they require employees to have their own company phone. So we'll see

rovermama no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I would think if your pearl is serviced by att and you now work for them, they could easily make your personal acct into business/corporate. That's what we have done at our business when clients come on staff. May be different for a large company though! just check with your employer.

I have a pearl and a curve and I love the curve way more. I'm still holding onto my pearl though for weekends, going out etc. I've been pretty rough on it and it has a couple of battle wounds. Haha. I am hard on electronics and since I paid for the curve out right I will keep the other as a backup!

Congrats on the new bb! It took me a couple of days to get out of sure type mode, but now I have trouble when I use my husband's pearl.love the curve!

rovermama no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJB04
    Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that they would just be able to merge my current account to the employee plan but he said that they require employees to have their own company phone. So we'll see

Ok well then disregard the first part of my reply!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I don't miss typing with SureType, but I do miss it helping me with misspelled words lol
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Welcome to Pinstack and Att team. i am a rsc for the pac region in the northern california region. If you were hired by a corporate store. you will have unlimited service and will be paid by the company. you can use that line for personal and business use. Or you can keep ur pearl line active all up to you. But yes you do not have to pay for your business line or cou line as it is referred. if you were hired by a dealer than you will have to pay some discount for unlimited service. So hopefully you were hired by a corporate store. So let me know if you have any other questions my fellow co worker from afar.
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Quote Originally Posted by harry3334
    Welcome to Pinstack and Att team. i am a rsc for the pac region in the northern california region. If you were hired by a corporate store. you will have unlimited service and will be paid by the company. you can use that line for personal and business use. Or you can keep ur pearl line active all up to you. But yes you do not have to pay for your business line or cou line as it is referred. if you were hired by a dealer than you will have to pay some discount for unlimited service. So hopefully you were hired by a corporate store. So let me know if you have any other questions my fellow co worker from afar.
    Thanks for the information. I will be working in a corporate store and in the paperwork that was given to me, it said that my plan would be free and I could have up to two lines on the account.

So would it be possible for them to just merge my personal account? I would rather just have one line and not have to pay over $100 each month.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

As an employee i would think they woul cancel your line for free or perhaps suspend it so You don't have to pay it. Congrats on the job!

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Alright how it works is, you have a cou line (business line) and can have up to two erp lines (employee lines). One of which is 1000 minutes and the other 5oo minutes with included features like media net and text pic and video messaging any7thing you want to add to the lines are paid out of your pocket. Both erp lines do no have contracts. As far as merging your personal line with one of those erp lines it is up to your erp department. Most of the time they will not do it unless the contract is up that line you want to turn into a erp. And one other point you cannot activate any erp line until after your 90 day probation is over.
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Congrats lucky guy lol

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~If your ERP dept will let you transfer your personal line over. Go for it. That's what I did when I became an RSC. I recommend this mainly because of your personal #. It can get really sticky if you leave the company and your personal # is your COU line. They don't usually let you keep your #. Only under certain circumstances will they allow it. Trust me, I've seen some employees lose a # they've had for years. Anyway, like I said if you can transfer it to your ERP line. A lot less red tape in the long run. Hope this helps. Congrats, welcome aboard, good luck and feel free to contact me if you ever have any Q's.

XBGM3R no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDEFC

Congrats on the new job and Good luck!

Thank you all so much for all the great tips and for welcoming me to the AT&T team. I already feel very welcomed to be a part of the AT&T family and I know I'll enjoy my new job very much.

I had been working for Sprint Kiosk for the past year and I'm really looking forward to my new job.

I'll keep you all updated with my situation. Thanks again.

-Johnny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast