OK...I downloaded the OZ IM Client from AT&T MediaNet. My BB 8300 said the install ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jgooch12 no está en línea Stack level 1

IM Communications Error

Advertisement

OK...I downloaded the OZ IM Client from AT&T MediaNet. My BB 8300 said the install was succesful but it did not request a reboot. When I try to log into Yahoo IM I get: "Communications Error. Please try again or check you settings." What are the SETTINGS it is talking about? And I keep seeing something on PinStack about sending and resending service books. What is that about? By the way...I did a battery pull and that didn't work.

The BB Curve 8300 that I have is a hand-me-down so I don't know alot about what you can do with it. But I am learning with PinStack. From searching I've found out that the OZ IM Client uses SMS instead of data and that's why I'm using that and not something better. I have an unlimited text plan for the family but I can't justify paying another 30 to 50 dollars just to get a data plan that i don't need if the OZ Client will work on SMS.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: IM Communications Error

settings may be your tcp settings..check those (are you ATT?)
    here are settings for ATT:
    apn: wap.cingular
    username for apn: wap@cingulargprs.com

you cannot send service books without a data plan...so that option is out for you.