Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So, I've had my BlackBerry 8310 for about a week. It was my brother's before ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BreatheKevin no está en línea Stack level 1

Question I'm about to give up =/

Advertisement

So, I've had my BlackBerry 8310 for about a week. It was my brother's before it became mine and he used Desktop Manager on his computer and everything worked great. But for some reason, Desktop Manager on my computer refuses to connect to my phone. My phone shows up on my computer as a BlackBerry phone, and the Device Manager. Also, it shows up on the dropdown menu when trying to select connection. The Desktop Manager just says "Device Connected (PIN): None". I have tried literally everything to fix it. I have googled the same problems for the past week and tried every fix I could find. So far I have tried:
    -Different versions of Desktop Manager (4.3-4.7)
    -Installing new phone OS
    -Running Apploader directly(which restarts my phone)
    -Going into device manager and changing power options for USB root hubs
    -Changing USB ports (I tried all 6, and even the extra 4 on my hub)
    -Deleting vendor.xml
    -Battery pulls about a million times
    -Changing password/removing password
    -Reinstalling many many times on each version (at least twice, at max ten on 4.6)
    -Turning off automatic updates
    -Connecting to different computers/ using other devices in my house
    -Turning off internet connection
    -A few more things, but I can't remember

The only thing I have not tried is a Handset Wipe because I need my contacts and there's no way I can get them all again from scratch. If there really is no solution other than wiping either my computer hd or my handset hd, then I'll stop trying, but this is really my last straw. I can (sort of) live without being able to back up my blackberry/load non ota apps, and if I must, then I will. Also, if there's a way to back up your phone without desktop manager then I guess I could do that and then wipe my device. Just please, help me out? Any suggestions? Anything?

(Also, I can not just connect to my brothers computer as he lives 5 hours away.)

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Have you tried a different usb cable?~via smartphone~

I hadn't before you asked, and I just tried 2 different usb to mini usb, but it didn't make a difference, the phone is still recognized by my computer, but the Desktop Manager just refuses to connect.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ok lets start from scratch. If after trying a different usb cable as Melissa suggest it still doesn't work try the following.

Totally remove all things RIM from your PC. Uninstall DM as well as the OS and then go to c/program files/common files/ and delete the research in motion folder. Next reboot your PC and then reinstall DM and the OS (deleting vendor.xml from c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader if the OS isn't from your carrier). Reboot your PC and then connect your device. Now go to the folder mentioned above and run the loader from there.

Post back if this doesn't help and someone will help get you going.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Ok lets start from scratch. If after trying a different usb cable as Melissa suggest it still doesn't work try the following.

Totally remove all things RIM from your PC. Uninstall DM as well as the OS and then go to c/program files/common files/ and delete the research in motion folder. Next reboot your PC and then reinstall DM and the OS (deleting vendor.xml from c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader if the OS isn't from your carrier). Reboot your PC and then connect your device. Now go to the folder mentioned above and run the loader from there.

Post back if this doesn't help and someone will help get you going.
    This seems like the best bet. Sometimes certain programs leave traces behind on your computer which can screw around with the way the rest of the programs work.

I tried everything above with no avail. The Application Loader detected the device, but when it was in the process of "Connecting to Device (ARM)", my blackberry performed a hard reset and the Application Loader came back with this error message

A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by BreatheKevin View Post
    I tried everything above with no avail. The Application Loader detected the device, but when it was in the process of "Connecting to Device (ARM)", my blackberry performed a hard reset and the Application Loader came back with this error message
    What is your operating system, Do you have a 64bit machine?

I am running on Windows XP 32-Bit Professional

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If you are sure the usb port is good on your device. I would say keep trying this I recall another user had to try upwards of 20 times for it to finally stay connect and load. I don't understand why it would reboot after connecting if it hasn't started to load.

Alright, I'll keep trying that, but if anyone has any other ideas, please tell.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Sorry I wasn't able to help more but maybe one of our pros will jump in with more ideas.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Can you try hooking it up to your brother's computer again and see if it is a problem with your computer or if it's the BB that has gone weird since you acquired it? If you do get it to connect to his run a backup on his then you will have it if needed.

I will keep my eyes open for an issue like your or some troubleshooting ideas in the mean time.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I am currently not able to access my brother's computer, but I did try it on another computer and it didn't work, so I think it's either the network in my house, or the blackberry. I also removed the password from my BlackBerry and now instead of the device resetting when using the AppLoader it is just stuck on the "Connecting to Device (JVM)" stage, and doesn't go past it. I let it run for 30 minutes and it's still on that stage, so I still have no idea what to do. Thanks for everyone's support though, it means a lot.

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    Have you tried a different usb port the one your using could be locked by a different service
    ~via smartphone~

I have tried every usb port, but I will try again with the new installation and the Application Loader and tell you what I come upwith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast