from at&t do that mean that i will have to upgrade the os to the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lilme08 no está en línea Stack level 2

if i get a curve

Advertisement

from at&t do that mean that i will have to upgrade the os to the new os in order to have the same capabilities of the 8110? which curve do you recommend getting? not just at&t but out of all of them that will take the sim card and the 4 gig memory card

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ get one with wifi, none of the VZW phones have it, I wish my 8830 had it, make net surfing a whole lot faster.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Depends on your carrier. If you're switching carriers, you have a whole gamut to choose from. If you're a current AT&T customer, you have the 8310, which you can definitely use your SIM card and a 4gb memory card with. The 8310 has GPS, but not wifi, which you can only get with the 8320. Then there is the 8330 which is also a GPS device, no wifi, but not available on AT&T. This device comes loaded with a lot of the 4.5 features already installed with the exception of HTML e-mails and Docs2Go. There is an OS upgrade available that will bring those features to that device, though.

not switching carriers. i dont think having wifi is that big of a deal for me in my area. so the 8330 is tmo would have to be unlocked then upgraded to bring all features to life? so nervous about upgrading. maybe i should just wait on the bold. i think it will be to big for me. looking for a bigger bb just not a huge one. thanks for your help

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    In your first post you said you wanted the curve to act like a 8110 pearl...
    Why? ..Forgive me If im Wrong but do you even know what you are looking for in an upgrade?

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    Quote Originally Posted by lilme08 View Post
    not switching carriers. i dont think having wifi is that big of a deal for me in my area. so the 8330 is tmo would have to be unlocked then upgraded to bring all features to life? so nervous about upgrading. maybe i should just wait on the bold. i think it will be to big for me. looking for a bigger bb just not a huge one. thanks for your help
    8330 is cdma curve (vz or sprint) those come with the youtube/video recording capabilities

8310/20 is gonna be your GSM curves - one that will take a sim card you miss the video/youtube unless you upgrade to 4.5 like mentioned earlier. GSM has wifi on some berries I think the 8320 only??

I do believe all the curves take the sd card -someone pls correct me if im wrong.

the curve is bigger than the pearl, I like it for the full qwerty. suretype is not my friend. I'd like Wifi (im on CDMA) but its not that big a deal since I have unlimited data and its available like 99% of the places I go.

The Bold does look big, IDK what its gonna be able to do but just the physical look of it kinda turns me off.

So you're with AT&T? That pretty much limits you to the 8310 or waiting on the Bold. From what I've seen, it's not that much bigger than the Curve, but Kieran or other Stackers who've had their hands on one are better equipped to address that issue.

You can get an "official" release of the 4.5 OS for an 8310, which is 4.5.0.55 and apparently all carriers will have their official releases by September.

Don't be nervous about upgrading. It's really pretty easy, not to mention the plethora of people on this board to help you through it!

Thanks to Erica for expounding on the different devices!

it is not so much of an upgrade that i am looking for in those terms. i like my pearl but want to experience a bigger screen and a full keyboard. i would like the curve to have the same capabilities that i have now is all that i was saying.

thanks for all the help and information.

guess i will keep researching and waiting........

it is not so much of an upgrade that i am looking for in those terms. i like my pearl but want to experience a bigger screen and a full keyboard. i would like the curve to have the same capabilities that i have now is all that i was saying.

thanks for all the help and information.

guess i will keep researching and waiting........
    So what are these capabilities you have on the Pearl that you want on the Curve?

krikor222 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    In common layman's terms, the Curve does everything a Pearl does (if not more), with a larger screen and a full QWERTY Keyboard.
    Shawn K.

Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330 v4.5.0.56
    Carrier: Bell Mobility (Canada)
    PIN: 3022BBE5

^^^ What Shawn said! Thanks for simplifying it for us.

Boomo no está en línea Stack level 1
    My wife has the Pearl and I have the 8310 from AT&T and she loves mine. The full keyboard makes a big difference.

Boomo

mikemunoz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2451368F
    The particular carrier you choose should be based soley on how well THAT particular carrier satisfies YOUR consumer needs - i.e. rate/data plans, signal strength, device features (wifi vs. telenav), upgradeability and so forth.

Clearly if you make a list of your actual needs and then compare them to the choices available you should come away with a clear winner for YOU.

Good Luck!!!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Ive had two Curves, both AT&T, an 8300 and now the 8310, and could not be more pleased with the Curve.