I just upgraded to an 8320 from an 8100. I was doing a backup of ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

IDP, ALX (maybe more) files associated wrong on my PC

Advertisement

I just upgraded to an 8320 from an 8100. I was doing a backup of my new BB and I was an idiot and went to go look at the file after it was done on my pc. Well it gave a list of programs to use to open the file and I hit the text folder or something so now everything that saves to my PC from my BB gets saved with a .txt file extension at the end. Anyone know how to reset that on a pc? I think its why I cant upload any apps to my phone anymore from my pc and get an error message each time I try. I just downloaded the latest Desktop manager from my old one but it still associates files wrong unfortunately. Oh great I went to get the error message to write it in here and now I am getting aother one that says DesktopMgr.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. So now I cant even get to the other error message. GAH!!!

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: IDP, ALX (maybe more) files associated wrong on my PC

Quote Originally Posted by lovin2act
    I just upgraded to an 8320 from an 8100. I was doing a backup of my new BB and I was an idiot and went to go look at the file after it was done on my pc. Well it gave a list of programs to use to open the file and I hit the text folder or something so now everything that saves to my PC from my BB gets saved with a .txt file extension at the end. Anyone know how to reset that on a pc? I think its why I cant upload any apps to my phone anymore from my pc and get an error message each time I try. I just downloaded the latest Desktop manager from my old one but it still associates files wrong unfortunately. Oh great I went to get the error message to write it in here and now I am getting aother one that says DesktopMgr.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. So now I cant even get to the other error message. GAH!!!
    What version of windows are you using?

Try opening a folder (any folder) and click TOOLS on the menu, and then goto Folder Options. In that window there should be a tab that says File Types I think. In Vista it's a bit more tricky to find, and I'm not sure where it's at. But there is a way you can change the default program that opens a particular file extension.

You may be able to reinstall the BB Manager and it may "reclaim" the file extensions.
    --
    Walt

Its 2000 Pro. Yeah my company has not updated in a while. At home I'm on XP but all is well there. Im gonna uninstall the whole program and then reinstall as you say up there. See if that works

Well I did a reinstall and it has the same prob. Dang Windows. However just to test I did a restore from a backup I did and it seemed to work fine even though windows associates it wrong. My phone seems to associate it right. So I think I have some other problem going on as my test seemed to rule out the incorrect association in Windows bein the culprit. So yeah every single time I try to load an app from the DM I get an error message thet there are no other apps to load even when I have clicked on the app I need to load. I am a noob so maybe Im missin somethin? If anyone is bored feel free to respond. I tried Opera Mini and bust, some themes...bust, the Blackberry.alx to unlock carrier themes as listed in another thread...bust. Nothin will load for me. I just upgraded to the newer DM this morning too. It suck to be me.

The exact error I get says:
    No additional applications designed for your device were found.

Anyone else ever get that?
    Maybe I am just retarded