Hey I have a corperate Sim card and cannot have a blackberry account. My SIM ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mnichollsuk no está en línea Stack level 1

I want a blackberry but cant have an account

Advertisement

Hey

I have a corperate Sim card and cannot have a blackberry account. My SIM does have GPRS enabled. Can i use a blackberry and use the internet and pop3 or googlemail without a blackberry account?

Thanks

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    About the only thing you can do is put the SIM card in one of the wi-fi versions (8320, 8120) and use the wi-fi to browse the internet. Not everything works in that configuration but a lot of stuff does. All of the applications that require a data plan will not work. The list for both is still being defined.

You CAN have a Blackberry and do some things with wi-fi - you can't do email without a data plan.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by mnichollsuk View Post
    Hey

I have a corperate Sim card and cannot have a blackberry account. My SIM does have GPRS enabled. Can i use a blackberry and use the internet and pop3 or googlemail without a blackberry account?

Thanks

If you put a normal data plan on your sim card then you will get web access. But like homboy said, you can't use puch email. You CAN however log into Yahoo, AOL, Gmail and what not, and get your email there.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Also you can web browse with Opera Mini, use Jive talk and Viigo. Telnav will work with TCP also, at least it used to. You can't use BBMessenger, The Blackberry Browser or have push mail using the native software but almost everything else you can do, although you will have to do it in a different manner than you would with BIS. Many 3rd party apps work with standard data, it will be a trial and error for you to find the ones that you like that do work.
    Last edited by pegb856; 08-23-2008 at 02:00 PM.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

Quote Originally Posted by pegb856 View Post
    Also you can web browse with Opera Mini, use Jive talk and Viigo. Telnav will work with TCP also, at least it used to. You can't use BBMessenger, The Blackberry Browser or have push mail using the native software but almost everything else you can do, although you will have to do it in a different manner than you would with BIS. Many 3rd party apps work with standard data, it will be a trial and error for you to find the ones that you like that do work.
    Peg, You CAN use the BB browser with wi-fi and no data plan, at least I can on my 8120.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    I'm sorry for the confusion, I was referring to a standard data plan with TCP that you cannot use the Blackberry Browser. I guess I should have clarified more.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

Quote Originally Posted by pegb856 View Post
    I'm sorry for the confusion, I was referring to a standard data plan with TCP that you cannot use the Blackberry Browser. I guess I should have clarified more.
    I'm still confused by what you mean but don't worry about it - it's probably me.

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    I was referring to a standard PDA/phone plan that uses TCP without BIS.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

Sorry. I just assumed that you were talking about a Blackberry rather than a "standard PDA/phone" - the original post asked about the use of a BB without "blackberry account."