Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sounds like the person that sold the phone really needs the commission.... BlackBerry Curve forum

tool46n2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: I walked out with a blackberry curve!!

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sounds like the person that sold the phone really needs the commission.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by tool46n2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sounds like the person that sold the phone really needs the commission.
    more like a good firing.

razer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d9f9b5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~rofl funny post but yeah they scrwed you but like you said just cancel your previous line if ur happy doin so but I would def fight it u may get a better deal

Goodluck dude

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

well - to be honest I don't think the person got screwed.
    he/she got the Curve for $200 they said. Cancelation fee is $240 which means phone and ETF = $440. Full retail price is $449. It is basically the same price, but this way the sales person gets a commission for it and the buyer still ends up paying about the same price (actually less $9).

Both people got what they wanted, no one was ripped off or ending up paying more

*second thought - they have to wait to ETF until the rebates are back which means you end up paying for an extra month of services (which could be like $80) on the new line. Man - delimmas, yeah talk to the manager then lol.
    Last edited by cliffr39; 06-01-2007 at 01:11 AM.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

ha ha yeah i work for them. We got 10 in today not one person came in asking for one and heck I wanted one so freaking bad. Its a heck of a nice machime. If you came in my store I would sell it to you full retail or with a contract a sale is a sale and hopefully a sale in the future

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    same price, but this way the sales person gets a commission for it and the buyer still ends up paying about the same price (actually less $9).

Both people got what they wanted, no one was ripped off or ending up paying more

*second thought - they have to wait to ETF until the rebates are back which means you end up paying for an extra month of services (which could be like $80) on the new line. Man - delimmas, yeah talk to the manager then lol.
    I think if you cancell within the 30 day tryout the commission paid to the salesman is charged back. This may vary.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

franchise101 no está en línea Stack level 2

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND I FIGURED I WAS GETTING SCREWED AND I ARGUED WITH HIM FOR AWHILE ABOUT IT...HE SAID BECAUSE THE PHONE WAS BRAND NEW AND THEY HAD JUST GOTTEN THEM IN THEY WERENT ALLOWED TO SELL IT TO ANYONE WHO WASNT ACTIVATING A NEW LINE I THINK THEY ALSO PLAYED ON THE FACT I REALLY WANTED THE PHONE... I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT GOING BACK BUT I DONT KNOW... the store was in north hollywood..its on lankershim and oxnard..the address is 6000 lankershim..so if ur in the la area you should go over there. I think i was the first one in the area to get the phone though which was pretty sweet!!!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

it's ok, I doubt this will be the last BB you buy so now you are armed with knowledge for next time.. and maybe to help another person in the future who may have this game run on them.

even though it's a bit of a trip for you, you might think about going back to put this salesman on blast.. not only for possibly recovering money, but to protect other consumers who may fall pray to employees like this one. just my 2 cents.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! My local stores said that it woukd be late next week before they get them in, so was obviously really pissed off. So then I called another store a little farther away and to my surprise they had them and are holding them for me for tomorrow!!!! Of course, I got the "we are holding them for only new activations or upgrades" deal, but since I am getting new activations I didn't care.I am soo pumped I can't wait until 10 AM tomorrow wehen the open.

jacobwelsh no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Got mine today in tulsa,ok walked out witht the last one in my local store

tcd2004 no está en línea Stack level 1

This isn't uncommon, i work for the said company and when a brand new "hot" device comes out and we only have 5, we need to hold them for new act.'s or upgrades. It's not bad practice, it's just a smart business move. It is true, if we sell it outright we don't make jack...so for atleast the first batch we want to be prepared for new customers or upgrades, preferably new. Same thing is going to happen with the iphone, if you want one when they come out but arent a new activation or upgrade then unfortunately you would be out of luck for a while. It may not be fair but the business has to make money. And if the line is cancelled within the 30 days the rep will get chargebacked, therefore no commission. Just my 2 cents from working with the company

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by tcd2004
    This isn't uncommon, i work for the said company and when a brand new "hot" device comes out and we only have 5, we need to hold them for new act.'s or upgrades. It's not bad practice, it's just a smart business move. It is true, if we sell it outright we don't make jack...so for atleast the first batch we want to be prepared for new customers or upgrades, preferably new. Same thing is going to happen with the iphone, if you want one when they come out but arent a new activation or upgrade then unfortunately you would be out of luck for a while. It may not be fair but the business has to make money. And if the line is cancelled within the 30 days the rep will get chargebacked, therefore no commission. Just my 2 cents from working with the company
    But if, as is the case here, it is publicly offered, for sale without a contract, your practice could be construed as Bait and Switch Tactics. The withholding of sales for new customers or upgrades must be prominatly posted, in the same ad/press release as the no contract price. I don't know where your store is located, but in most states the Bait and Switch tactic is considered Fraudulent and the store, the salesperson and the company can be held responsible, legally. Be careful what you say or do in cases like this.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    But if, as is the case here, it is publicly offered, for sale without a contract, your practice could be construed as Bait and Switch Tactics. The withholding of sales for new customers or upgrades must be prominatly posted, in the same ad/press release as the no contract price. I don't know where your store is located, but in most states the Bait and Switch tactic is considered Fraudulent and the store, the salesperson and the company can be held responsible, legally. Be careful what you say or do in cases like this.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    Im not necessarily saying it is the right practice and if i were the customer i would be pretty pissed off. On the other hand though if you work in the industry you know where your money comes from and if your asked to not sell any outright for a while then your pretty willing to abide. I think, atleast in my store, if a person pushed hard enough then it would be sold outright. Like i said, not necessarily right, but from a company stand point it is ideal.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Like i said, not necessarily right, but from a company stand point it is ideal.
    Not if the customer is just trying to puchase one and can't upgrade. Especially if he complains to the state or local Consumer Protection Agency, the BBB or the FTC. Wireless stores and Carriers already have a bad enough reputation. Your company could come down hard on you if the customer follows up with Fraud Bait and Switch charges.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Like i already stated, i don't think it is right but if i am told to do it then i have to stick it. No one is going to come down on me if i am being told to hold them for new act.'s or upgrades. and since my store hasnt sold a curve yet i wouldn't have a problem selling one outright

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast