I dropped my curve and it broke, when i turn the phone on it starts ... BlackBerry Curve forum

la_paisita no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2417812B

Question I Need help with a back up!!! Please

Advertisement

I dropped my curve and it broke, when i turn the phone on it starts and a few seconds later it says "shuting down battery drained" but the battery is fully charged, I got a new curve and when i put the battery in it shows, I even tried a new battery, so since the phone shuts off only a few seconds after i start it i have no way to do a back up, it wont show as connected on the desktop manager!! =( any help?? Is there something else i can do??? Thank you

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    Take the battery out, and make sure the contact is not loose. If not, clean it, put the battery back in, and try to start up your Berry. If this does not work, push (GENTLY GENTLY!!!!!!!!) down on the contacts, and try again.

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    Also you can try:
    ON your PC, Go to My computer/C/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader/loader and see if it will recognize you phone that way. Close the DM first.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    You say you dropped it and it broke - how hard did you drop it? If it fell really hard and components came out, you may have a hardware failure.

Depending what broke, that may or may not be repairable.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    From what I understand you're trying to affect a backup from your damaged Curve by attempting to use the new Curve's battery to power up the broken one.
    Further, that you're trying to transfer your data from the old device in order to get it onto the new device. Had you done a backup prior to the accident? If so, use it to get your data. If not, Lava is correct in that you very well may have hardware damage precluding getting information off the handheld. In which case you need to check in your locale for someone who may be able to repair the connection which has been impaired involving power to the unit. Best of luck