I have a couple of problems: I have a 8300 on Orange UK. Orange UK ... BlackBerry Curve forum

andyni no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    256302E0

Question I need help!!!

Advertisement

I have a couple of problems:

I have a 8300 on Orange UK. Orange UK does not have OS files for the 8300 as they do not sell this phone. The contract was got through the CPW with BIS. When I try and access mobile.blackberry.com I keep getting told that the website is designed for the blackberry browser. The only browser that I have access to is orange world. How can I change this?

I tried to use BB maps but I only get the green and black background the program does not seem to download the map when asked. Even after doing multiple searches for locations the download is sitting at 0.00. Am I missing a setting somewhere to allow the maps to be downloaded?

I downloaded Google maps but I only receive a network error. I even downloaded the older 1.5.4 but get the same error. Can this be rectified?

Hope someone can help me

Andrew

rambo47 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: I need help!!!

Sounds like you need to change your wap settings to Orange's settings. Something like wap.orange.com, or whatever they use. Orange can provide those settings with a call to customer service. On your Blackberry it should be under Options > Advanced Options > TCP.

andyni no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    256302E0

Thanks for that. That is most problems solved but still having a problem with mobile.blackberry.com any ideas?

CashCrandle no está en línea Stack level 2

you should switch to the 8830