does anyone know where i can get the D.L 4.5 i'm a sprint custromer... BlackBerry Curve forum

dani4273 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question i would like to D.L 8330w/4.5

Advertisement

does anyone know where i can get the D.L 4.5 i'm a sprint custromer

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Wait for Sprint to release it. I decided to download Orange's version of 4.5 on my T-Mobile phone because a trusted source did it and it worked for him...

But when I did it, I opened up a world of problems. It didn't successfully install which isn't a big deal, and I can't assert my problems are related to it... but I'd say just to be on the safe side wait. it should be out before the end of the year
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well there are official releases of 4.5 for ALL GSM phones. CDMA has not had any released as of yet.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    I would wait too, the only thing that we get with 4.5 are docs to go and youtube. From what I can see that is all that most people care about. I am waiting but, I have some that I will not even try to install as I do not want to mess my BB up.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah I would agree! Cdma users must be patient. We finally got the curve like almost a year later after it was released for gsm.

Just be patient and it will come. Official releases are always the best unless you are an advanced user!!

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    My 8330 has always done youtube I got it a few wks ago. I keep seeing posts about gaining you tube access but I've always had it~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dani4273 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    Olk tjhanks everyone I will definately take ur advice
    Thanks again

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dani4273 View Post
    does anyone know where i can get the D.L 4.5 i'm a sprint custromer
    I downloaded the .51 for my Alltel 8830. As there is no official CDMA release, you will need to search for the beta OS release on Google. It's very easy to find what you want-just type in exactly what you are looking for and voila, you will have access.

Download both the 4.5 Desktop Manager and the 4.5.0.51 Handheld software. Delete the vendor.xml file from the handheld software. You will now be ready to connect your BB and load the new OS. Make sure to do a backup and then you can reload all of your databases(ie. bookmarks,contacts,etc.) and previous 3rd party apps.

I have had zero problems with the new OS and the .51 version should be very near to the full release. Go for it. You have nothing to lose as long as you backup. The updated browser alone makes it worth the time and trouble investment.

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    I have v4.5.0.51 on my Sprint Curve and it works just fine and has since I installed it. (knock on wood)

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortgage_Man View Post
    I downloaded the .51 for my Alltel 8830. As there is no official CDMA release, you will need to search for the beta OS release on Google. It's very easy to find what you want-just type in exactly what you are looking for and voila, you will have access.

Download both the 4.5 Desktop Manager and the 4.5.0.51 Handheld software. Delete the vendor.xml file from the handheld software. You will now be ready to connect your BB and load the new OS. Make sure to do a backup and then you can reload all of your databases(ie. bookmarks,contacts,etc.) and previous 3rd party apps.

I have had zero problems with the new OS and the .51 version should be very near to the full release. Go for it. You have nothing to lose as long as you backup. The updated browser alone makes it worth the time and trouble investment.
    I agree. I have found .51 to be flawless.
    Andy

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    google is your friend.

rweckhoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    Be advised not all apps work with .51 and the 8330 (e.g. Google Maps). Unless you really really really need HTML mail and Docs2Go - I would wait for the official Verizon/Sprint... release. The current 4.3 version on those carriers does the majority of the 4.5 features now.

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i'm on a 8330 with 4.5 and google maps works fine.
    HOWEVER, there have been times where it wasnt as close as before, but for most of the time, it's been just as good as when i had 4.3

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Quote Originally Posted by popo341 View Post
    I have v4.5.0.51 on my Sprint Curve and it works just fine and has since I installed it. (knock on wood)

Ditto, no issues here with 4.5.0.51.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!