i recently purchased a sedio case for my 8330 due to everyone on here saying ... BlackBerry Curve forum

imafireman641 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question i know someone on here has this answer

Advertisement

i recently purchased a sedio case for my 8330 due to everyone on here saying how good they are... and they were right.anyway, i noticed it has the little magnet built in to the case to put the phone into standby when holstered and i was wondering if there is a way to turn that feature in my phone off ? i searches and searched and have been unable to locate it.im pretty sure i have seen the "shut off hibernation when in holster " before ,but im wondering if i saw it when i had the pearl.i have an 8330 from verizon running 4.3.0.127.
    thank you in advance

chuckymafia no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ok so it puts it in standby that you have to physically turn it on again or just shuts the screen off ??

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    Sorry man, there is no way to disable that function short of removing the magnet form the case.

chuckymafia no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well the reason I ask is that there is a Lock the handheld once in the holster in the security Menu under options. You may have it Lock not go to standby. i have the 8830 in front of me and its not standing by. it just shuts off the screen as usual. I can make it lock the phone but no to go in standby unless I push the top key.

The phone goes into hibernation when put in holster,come out of hibernation when i take it out of case.i would remove the magnet but there is a velvet-like cover over where i believe the magnet to be.. so short of trying to cut it out , i guess im S.O.L. lol
    thanks anyway.

rigo88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    35a500f3
    well y dont u get a holster with no magnet

Yeah I'm looking. I really like this case tho.this is the 5th case I have bought since I have had my 8330.I should have just bought this one from the get go.crap holsters don't last.I was hoping to be done with buying cases.via my BB (wap.pinstack.com)~