But, Here is my dilemma. I have a VZW8830 and am migrating to a att ... BlackBerry Curve forum

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

I know! It seems like complaints are all were seeing...

Advertisement

But, Here is my dilemma. I have a VZW8830 and am migrating to a att 8310. However when I try to sync my calender with outlook on my salon computer, the new BB is sending something to make Outlook delete all of my previous appts on the book. And THAT aint gonna work.
    So far I have the "Keep appts forever" checked on the device. And the DM is set to sync with outlook winning on conflicts. WHat am I missing? Do I need to delete the original relationship with the 8830 before I do this? Or is this just something simple and im a real Dumb A$$?
    Anyone wanna help? I'll gladly wait in line...
    J
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

Re: I know! It seems like complaints are all were seeing...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I hope you get an answer soon because I have the same problem syncing my address book with yahoo. Anytime I create a new contact on my BB and sync it wants to delete that contact on my handheld.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

I would delete your previous profile that you created and start fresh
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

When I swtiched BB's I had a similar problem and went in and instead of having the new BB set to sync with DM winning in casee of conflict, I had to set mine up with an initial setting of having a one way sync with the DM and having Outlook dump its content to the new BB. When the initial sync was complete, then I went back in and changed it to a normal sync setting with the DM and Outlook winning on conflict (as you currently have it set) and have had no problems since. What I figured out was that the DM wasn't considering no data and data as a conflict (seems dumb but that was what was happening) and it was allowing the handsets empty data packets to overwrite the Outlook full data packets. This may work for you as well. Good luck.

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

Quote Originally Posted by squeakr View Post
    When I swtiched BB's I had a similar problem and went in and instead of having the new BB set to sync with DM winning in casee of conflict, I had to set mine up with an initial setting of having a one way sync with the DM and having Outlook dump its content to the new BB. When the initial sync was complete, then I went back in and changed it to a normal sync setting with the DM and Outlook winning on conflict (as you currently have it set) and have had no problems since. What I figured out was that the DM wasn't considering no data and data as a conflict (seems dumb but that was what was happening) and it was allowing the handsets empty data packets to overwrite the Outlook full data packets. This may work for you as well. Good luck.
    I tried deleting the current relationship. That didnt work. I tried the one way sync, it didnt work either.
    The only solution I found was to wipe and reload the OS. It did the one way sync from Outlook, and it seems to be fine for now. I just need to use the 8310 alone at this point. I dont wanna screw any appts up on outlook. Dont want to stand in the way of a pissy woman, and her hair appt!
    Thanks for the help guys, you we're great!
    J
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.