Hi there everyone!! I curently have the older version of software for my blackberry curve ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chad1980 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a small problem pls help!!

Advertisement

Hi there everyone!!

I curently have the older version of software for my blackberry curve 8330 and what I was trying to do on my own, but can't seem to find it... anyways, I'm trying to get the newest version for blackberry messenger v5.0 for my cell phone and it says that I have to update the firmware on my phone right? but I've also bought one (1) game for my phone and what I was wondering is there a way that I can keep the game on my phone without redownloading it or rebuying it again? Which I really don't want to do that?

Can someone please get back to me with this great information and what not...

Thanks

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Upgrading the OS on your device shouldn't cause you to lose your game unless you specifically tell the loader program to wipe everything. Connect your device to your PC and go to http://na.blackberry.com/eng/update/ in Internet Explorer. It'll find the newest OS for you device and install it. Just be sure when you go through the steps that you tell it to backup all data and restore it later. Basically don't uncheck any boxes and you should have a new OS and your game.

There are ways to simply backup your games and applications using programs like BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) or using the method here. However you shouldn't need to just to update your OS through the link above.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

chad1980 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Okay thanks, thats what I thought...

Now once I have the newest firmware loaded onto my curve cell phone will I be able to get the newest version of blackberry messenger v5.0? that's the only thing that I want...

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yes, you will be able to run the new version of BBM. I believe it's 5.0.0.33. You can download it through App World or from RIM's site.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    You should be able to access BBM 5.0 through app world once you have the updated version of your phones software.

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    jinx

ron1971 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile BBM 5 Link

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...ry.do?code=bbm

Hope this helps. I think you have to use your phone browser to access this
    Last edited by ron1971; 10-29-2009 at 05:33 AM.