I get a lot of "call failed" with my Curve. I doubt it's the network ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

I have a MAJOR problem!

Advertisement

I get a lot of "call failed" with my Curve. I doubt it's the network because everyone who has a cell phone in my house has T-Mobile. Me and my brother are the only ones with a BB. No one in the house besides me and my brother gets "call failed". So this HAS to be a BB problem.

I've been searching all over the forum and all I'm reading is "its a network problem" but I only read one post where someone said they fixed it. I don't want to get a device exchange quite yet until I know there is a solution. I've been ignoring this problem for a while convincing myself it's not a big deal, but YES it is.

Can anyone help me? Please!
    Last edited by HeavyComponent; 04-13-2008 at 02:08 PM.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Do a PRL update by dialing *228 or whatever code your carrier has set to update your roaming feature on your phone. This will also update any corrupt software regarding your network capabilities at the same time.

If that doesn't work, upgrading to the latest OS or re-installing your OS may fix your issue as well.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Do you have the 8320? do you get this whenever your on UMA? have you tried changing your SIM card? battery pull? reloading your os? or upgrading to the latest OS?

Goodluck

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    Do a PRL update by dialing *228 or whatever code your carrier has set to update your roaming feature on your phone. This will also update any corrupt software regarding your network capabilities at the same time.

If that doesn't work, upgrading to the latest OS or re-installing your OS may fix your issue as well.
    Wow, I never heard of that. Lets give a try! But I don't know what code my carrier has set to update roaming features. How do I check that?

EDIT: *228 is to dial T-Mobile just like 611.

Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    Do you have the 8320? do you get this whenever your on UMA? have you tried changing your SIM card? battery pull? reloading your os? or upgrading to the latest OS?

Goodluck
    Battery pull - Yes
    SIM card change - Yes
    Reloaded OS - Yes
    Latest OS - Yes
    Last edited by HeavyComponent; 04-13-2008 at 02:45 PM.

--HeavyC.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I know *228 works on alot of carriers so dial that and push the option that states, update roaming feature on your device.

Once it states it's completed, do a battery pull on your phone and see if that helps your problem.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    There wasn't any options, a CC picked up right away.

--HeavyC.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The PRL (Preferred Roaming List) works on Sprint and Verizon as far as I know. Not the GSM carriers.

PIN/ID
    Great, no solution! I guess I'll do that device exchange, but I doubt that will fix my issue.

--HeavyC.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Heavy,
    There are quite a few 8320 owners (me included) with "call failed" (or dropped calls) while using UMA. I think the problem doesn't exist when NOT using wi-fi, if that's your case.

So far, some of us have no answer to the issue. In my case, it is an inconsistent thing - for others, it's all the time. There's a thread that you might read here just as an FYI to see if there are any similarities to your condition.

Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok so it's a wifi issue. I had a feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post

Ok so it's a wifi issue. I had a feeling.
    As you can see from the above-referenced thread, it would seem that it is...and, being an inconsistent problem (for me) makes it as difficult to gather clues as it does to solve it.

I'm hoping that the new 4.5 OS may have more stability for UMA. For now I can live with the problem - there are so many other BB features that make it worth while to me.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID

Yeah you're right and I was thinking the same thing on hoping the 4.5 does some type of fix to this problem. That is one reason why I really didn't get the device exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post

Yeah you're right and I was thinking the same thing on hoping the 4.5 does some type of fix to this problem. That is one reason why I really didn't get the device exchange.
    Yeah, probably your phone's fine. I've gone through a couple of "wondering periods" about my phone, one while I was trying to get the UMA thing working at home but, all the while, the phone REALLY didn't seem to have a problem...and it didn't.