Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm extremely tired of waiting for AT&T to release their firmware upgrade. I've been waiting ... BlackBerry Curve forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Question I had it with you AT&T! Grrrrr...

Advertisement

I'm extremely tired of waiting for AT&T to release their firmware upgrade. I've been waiting since they allegedly were going to release it back in June then July then August then October...well, you see the pattern. I'm thinking about upgrading to any one of those other carriers' new firmware upgrades they got circling around. I went to an AT&T branch yesterday and asked the manager (I know what do they know) Well, I asked him how come you guys don't release 4.5 yet? He goes like "You know, I've been also waiting for the upgrade, I love my Curve and I'm not impressed with the bold to make the switch. In the end it's all about money; they're not gonna release a new upgrade which is going to provide with almost the same features as the next gen devices" He then, goes like you might wanna hang on to your curve and use your upgrade (since I've been due for an upgrade) for something better than the bold. I agreed with him and told him about the site and how he can upgrade to another vendor's 4.5 and walked out of the branch. So, here are my questions to you 4.5 users who upgraded to another vendor's upgrade.
    1.- I use Amaze gps excessively, will I lose it?
    2.- I put themes together, when I go from the main screen to the home screen does the wallpaper change from the one in the main one? I need to know this as well.
    3.- I could care less about the video recording( the camera's horrible for it)
    4.- I use windows live messenger religiously, will it work on 4.5 without any issues? I've heard far too many people complain about this when switching.
    5.- Volume; I also heard many people who lost volume when they switched to it.
    6.- What should I look for in 4.5 different other than voice/video recording/html email from 4.2?

P.S. I own a 8310 running 4.2.2.170 (AT&T)

Thank you for reading and hopefully I won't brick my phone when I try to upgrade after these questions are answered. Once again thank you for your help in advance.

Dj Renagade no está en línea Stack level 3
    I upgraded to 4.5 the day I got my curve about 2 weeks ago and I use amaze gps all the time also with no problems. I also use google maps and nav4all with no problems anyways (nav4all is better than amaze imo anyways) I didn't lose any volume when I upgraded.I just upgraded to the 4.5.0.99 last night and it seems to work a lot better than the .81. You know I never understood why ppl are so scared to use other vendors os. I never have any problems. I say go for, as far as your other questions I have no idea. So good luck and stop being scared~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dj Renagade no está en línea Stack level 3
    Oh yea one more thing, the 4.5 upgrade turns ur trackball into a mouse with a pointer that moves around into of just scrolling up and down which is a big plus for me, I just wish opera would do the same~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Renagade View Post
    I upgraded to 4.5 the day I got my curve about 2 weeks ago and I use amaze gps all the time also with no problems. I also use google maps and nav4all with no problems anyways (nav4all is better than amaze imo anyways) I didn't lose any volume when I upgraded.I just upgraded to the 4.5.0.99 last night and it seems to work a lot better than the .81. You know I never understood why ppl are so scared to use other vendors os. I never have any problems. I say go for, as far as your other questions I have no idea. So good luck and stop being scared~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thank you for your response. I'm not really scared, I was just trying to see if AT&T was really going to release it; that's all. But by the looks of it, I don't think they'll be releasing it any time soon. I saw that arrow for pointer on my cousin's 8330 and I'm not a big fan of it. I loved the scrolling before . Oh well, I guess you can't have 'em all. I'll see if I'll upgrade sometime next week. However, I would some insight as far as my other questions are concerned. Thanks for your help.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    I think that you should upgrade to the latest Beta...I know the betas aren't official, but the VERY latest release, 4.5.0.102, and even the one before that which was .99 are excellent. They've been so stable for me I don't even know why they call them betas anymore. The main differences I've noticed are the OS responsiveness and the enhancements to the browser's rendering and speed, it's really good. I know for a fact that Windows Live Messenger works perfectly on 4.5, and the sound problem's been fixed a few releases ago.

I say go for it. If you follow the instructions step by step and don't interrupt the process, you should be well on your way to 4.5 and asking yourself, "Why didn't I do this MONTHS ago?".

BTW, I also have an 8310 from AT&T.
    Last edited by snipes mcgee; 11-16-2008 at 03:26 AM.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Thank you for your response. I'm not really scared, I was just trying to see if AT&T was really going to release it; that's all. But by the looks of it, I don't think they'll be releasing it any time soon. I saw that arrow for pointer on my cousin's 8330 and I'm not a big fan of it. I loved the scrolling before . Oh well, I guess you can't have 'em all. I'll see if I'll upgrade sometime next week. However, I would some insight as far as my other questions are concerned. Thanks for your help.
    There's an option to disable the cursor in column mode, if you don't wanna deal with it.

Oh, Youtube works, when you upgrade.

kingbapho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3024BC9C
    I'm using another country's firmware lol you shouldn't have any issues mate 4.5 rocks !!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Oh, Youtube works, when you upgrade.
    I watch youtube videos and many more now using 4.2 by going to blueapple.mobi . Plus, I've seen a video on a 8330 it sucks that they reduce the screen size. I take advantage of my curve's screen by truly watching the same videos full screen lol.

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I watch youtube videos and many more now using 4.2 by going to blueapple.mobi . Plus, I've seen a video on a 8330 it sucks that they reduce the screen size. I take advantage of my curve's screen by truly watching the same videos full screen lol.
    Well that's one of the least important features in 4.5, personally, but I still think you should take the plunge, lol.

Let us know if you decide to do it, and how it went!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Rogers and AT&T have very similar networks etc... Try this official release from Rogers.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A

It should do the trick for you.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Rogers and AT&T have very similar networks etc... Try this official release from Rogers.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A

It should do the trick for you.
    im using this one on my 8320, its great, no complaints.
    phatman the phat stacker!

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thank you. I'll give a try hopefully tomorrow. I don't need youtube or that pointing arrow I'm just fed up with those idiots at AT&T. I'm not leaving them though. They're allegedly getting some extremely nice bb's in 09'

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Go for it, my little mousy friend! You'll be glad you did. You've seen enough of us do it.

Good luck!
    Roger

watermoose1986 no está en línea Stack level 1
    What is the best choice as far as picking another companies upgrade for the 8310 from att

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast