Hi guys, I got this curve 8320 that's been working fine since I got it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

spidave no está en línea Stack level 2

Question I guess my bb is infected

Advertisement

Hi guys, I got this curve 8320 that's been working fine since I got it but what happened today is My Pc got a virus but I didn't notice that so I connected my BB to it to transfer a file since then my curve has been acting up sometimes it asks me if i want to assign a speed dial or it just going through the apps by itself etc.. what should I do to fix that ? Thanks

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Start by wiping your PC and installing a fresh copy of Windows (removes virus) then do the same with the BB. If you did have any backups of the BB you may consider restoring from one but I'm gonna guess those were on the PC with the ViRuS and you won't be able to do that since your going to need to wipe it.

If that turns out close to your situation then I would have small items (small data sized) not only backed up on the PC but also to an external HD or Thumb drive so that you can insert that and restore and not worry about losing data from virus mishaps.

3-2-1's of Data

3 backups
    2 types of media
    1 kept off site (in case of fire, etc)

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Nodoubt ! Start by wiping your BB and restore to factory settings.
    Maybe Kapersky anti vírus will eliminate or quarantine the vírus on the PC. I'd try that first...if it doesn't do it, then SRL advice is the only sure thing.
    May I add if the vírus is embedded on a media file you'll have to eliminate all media files that you downloaded recently, or else you'll be transferring it back once you restore, both your PC or your BB.
    Tough break...

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Your Blackberry isn't infected. I would delete the files you tranferred to your media card. Have you done a battery pull?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I don't thnk it's possible to transfer a PC virus to your BB OS they are not similar platforms at all.

However, something like this would be more feasible if it were a Mac and an iPhone as both are running on the same platform.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Agreed Hayden. Spidave, did you install any new themes or apps?

No I didn't install anything .. All I did was downloading the Zone Alarm from my bolt browser than transfer it to my PC.. And since then my phone has been like this

Did you do a battery pull? Also, is Zone Alarm a BB app or PC app?

I did.. Zone Alarm is a PC app ,I could've downloaded it on directly on my PC but I just did from the BB

pipesfamily no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Start by getting avast anti-virus its free all they ask you to do is register the software (and yes it is free) and it will scan and repair or tell u where the virud is, and somtimes u get lucky and it will fix it if not u have the option to delete the file or move it to a chest. So fat out of all anti-viruses its the best and free software!

I have bit defender on my PC ,I just connected my bb to the PC ,I scanned it with bit difender I did a battery pull and now it's working . Thank you all for your help ,I appreciate it

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    I don't thnk it's possible to transfer a PC virus to your BB OS they are not similar platforms at all.
    Good to know ! Thanks Hayden.
    Considering how much rubbish can be embedded in media files we download, it´s good to know BB can stand for this...

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    you guys are good
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

melder215 no está en línea Stack level 2
    did your AV find a virus in ur bb??? that would be odd. maybe the virus could get in there, just trying to find a thumb drive to hide in. not the bb os. its just not the same.
    if u did find a virus , what name was it?
    also, when having major os issues i find that removing the SD card and the SIM card and starting the phone fixes alot, then put cards back in. i have fixed several phones like this... all were messed up while attached to PC..

get Windows off your computer and you wont need viruses or antiviruses... plus you will save money...