Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Being the avid BB user that I am and have been since the 7290, the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Advertisement

Being the avid BB user that I am and have been since the 7290, the first thing I tried was an OS upgrade, with a handful of betas, you exchange one issue for the next. I have more stable devices to compare my usage to, that's why in the end I decided the Bold was a waste.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Referring to mr.radio post. I'm familiar with your hardware issues. You made them known.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

angelzrage no está en línea Stack level 3
    I find myself switchin back to my 8320 A LOT. Keys are better,wifi is quicker. An as far as this "awsome"resolution? I don't really see nutin. Camera is great tho.

princesseL no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304ca93d
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabbill View Post
    I never used an 83xx phone, but I don't see why you would want to go to a slower phone. A worse screen and loose either wifi or gps.
    Resolution is not an issue for as long as it is not black and white, and secondly, the 8320 does have WIFI, and GPS is not important to me, that what GPS devices are for.

PIN/ID
    304ca93d
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio View Post
    Being the avid BB user that I am and have been since the 7290, the first thing I tried was an OS upgrade, with a handful of betas, you exchange one issue for the next. I have more stable devices to compare my usage to, that's why in the end I decided the Bold was a waste.
    point exactly. I the resolution and wifi is not all that important.Certain spots have blocked their wifi so whats the point, and secondly, hue is not a big factor for me, as it is not black and white.T-mobile is still on edge, and my 8320 loads alot factor. and another thing that irritated me was the fact that it took such a long time for the entire screen to load, i had to wait and scroll. I hate not having a full view like the 8320 has. just not convienent for me. different strokes for different strokes but others shouldnt be judged because they choice an older model at the end of the day.they all do the same thing. extra memory? i only use e-mails and browse the web, i am not downloading document files that exceeds the memory capacity.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Princess, really have a few questions, and would like to avoid the whole "boycotting" thread mess.

What are you referring to when you say "full view"? As well I'm curious as to your page loading comments.

I ask because so far I've seldom had to wait for more than a few seconds for a load. I'm wondering if you had issues with the device or with the devices OS.

Keep in mind I'm asking out of curiosity.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    lol you guys are funny, you roll back to a none HD screen, back to memory issues, back to old brower style, the 8900 as T-mobile calls it THE BEST BB EVER!!!
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    After decades of being a technology consumer and developer/provider, I expect a brand new smartphone to have a couple of glitches with the initial release. If that's not acceptable in a particular case, I wait, watch the forums and blogs, and get jump when it looks safe.

In this case, I knew I might have memory issues or slight incompatibilities with a new Blackberry, but I also knew that new OS releases would be pretty frequent in early months following the initial release. I've been a cellphone user for about 17 years, and a blackberry user for about 5 years. My last device was an 8300 (unlocked - on T-Mobile), and my experience with the 8900 has been excellent -- this has to be one of the best mobile products I have seen to date. Compared the 8300, it is more solid (better fit/finish), more attractive, has a far better screen (spectacular is a reasonable adjective), is much more responsive (far faster CPU), has tons of memory, combines bluetooth, GPS and WiFi in one unit -- and UMA service is outstanding.

Also - by following along with the OS upgrades as they become available, I've now got a device that is extremely fast and responsive, is extremely stable, doesn't display memory leaks, and has great battery life.

I can't imagine going back to the 83xx after having had this...

McLovin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    i have a 8320 and 8900 and tend to favor the 8900
    LMAO at bj wheeler and his ex daily!
    twitter

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have both too and I have "full view" on my 8900 of everything. No glitches, no load lags, no slower wi-fi issues. There is nothing I like about my 8320 better, not one. I guess my only gripe is that I wish I could afford another 8900 for my lady right now!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    My wife still likes her 8320 (Tmob) a lot. Great phone and for txting, camera is decent. That's what she does, very rare browsing and no music/video. Me I'm in love with the 8900 hires screen. I don't think I could go back. A lot of people didn't like the Bold because of the ATT/3g problems. The phone itself is pretty good if you like a brickberry.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

PIN/ID
    304ca93d
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Princess, really have a few questions, and would like to avoid the whole "boycotting" thread mess.

What are you referring to when you say "full view"? As well I'm curious as to your page loading comments.

I ask because so far I've seldom had to wait for more than a few seconds for a load. I'm wondering if you had issues with the device or with the devices OS.

Keep in mind I'm asking out of curiosity.
    because on the 832 it offers you a full view, you don't have to scroll from L-R. I am sure whether it was the os, or just the device but it just didn't work out for me.

PIN/ID
    304ca93d
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    lol you guys are funny, you roll back to a none HD screen, back to memory issues, back to old brower style, the 8900 as T-mobile calls it THE BEST BB EVER!!!
    Why do i need to upgrade to HD? because ever one has it? the browser works just fine. I am sorry if my the hue is much brighter but it works. as long as it is not black and white. maybe you should revise your thinking.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    I guess there is never any need to improve anything if we all revised our thinking to that! I danno...I kinda like improvements to things in all aspects of life. But like an old pair of trusty jeans...I do understand some things are hard to let go of still
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

hey man the 8320 blue looks slicker than the 8900 i personally wouldnt go go from an 8900 to 8320 but the 8230 is a great phone and if it makes you happy thats all that matters all BB's core features go throughout their phones

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast