hi, i have been using jivetalks 30 day trial on my blackberry curve 8310 and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

germser no está en línea Stack level 1

Question i cant get jivetalk to work

Advertisement

hi,

i have been using jivetalks 30 day trial on my blackberry curve 8310 and been loving it until it stopped working. i believe its because i upgraded the OS to 4.5. does anyone know how i can get it to work again? i wiped the handheld, restored it and re installed jivetalk and still keeps saying at first "class something null" then loads like its gonna work then it just goes to "uncaught exception". i had the same thing happen when i had OZ instant messaging but thats what made me try jivetalk and again loved it way better.

so anybody out there have a clue?

thanks

C.Ambrosio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2581694A
    Have you loaded any new themes recently. i had a problem with it the last few days when i loaded certain themes from *********.com i think i was. i deleted them and it was fine and i got the same errors you were getting.

i don't have the os that you have, (wasn't lucky enought to get the beta) so i don't know if that has anything to do with it. also i also have the curve 8320 not the 8310 but i have to make sure that when my wifi is down that i have it set to network preferred under preferences/options or it won't connect (which i believe you can do after it tried to sign you in and fails)

those are the only two things that i can think of but like i said we have two different phones.
    Chardonnay Luv

Taking one day at a time and becoming the person I know I can be.

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lraed74 View Post
    Load Documents to Go with the DTM, it will be fine after that. I had the same issue and others have posted the same results. Not sure why but it solves the problem.

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Yep, what he said!

I have no clue why this is so, but with 4.5 you have to have Documents to Go installed for jive Talk to work. Just hook up to desktop manager and click app loader, then click on the D to G box so it will install. Jive Talk should start working.

Good Luck.

Happy Berrying!
    Last edited by pegb856; 05-23-2008 at 08:02 AM.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

germser no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up thanks

thanks guys that worked! i was almost giving up on this

Quote Originally Posted by pegb856 View Post
    Yep, what he said!

I have no clue why this is so, but with 4.5 you have to have Documents to Go installed for jive Talk to work. Just hook up to desktop manager and click app loader, then click on the D to G box so it will install. Jive Talk should start working.

Good Luck.

Happy Berrying!