OK this seems really weird to me. My curve will not automatically find contacts named ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ndzied1 no está en línea Stack level 1

I can't find Dave

Advertisement

OK this seems really weird to me.

My curve will not automatically find contacts named Dave.

From the email or directly in the address.book I can type someones first name and it finds them. However it will not find Dave. If I type in the last name of one of the Daves in my addr book it finds them but not if I use Dave.

Any hints?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: I can't find Dave

Maybe because you have multiple entries of the name Dave but with different last names so it won't locate them by first name? Not real sure on this though.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Did you try completely deleting that contact, do a battery pull, then re-enter the dave contact in your address book? Also make sure that contact isn't on your sim card as a contact, that its actually saved on your device.

DanXP no está en línea Stack level 2

check your filters and see if you put your contacts into different categories and then turned on the wrong filter...

ndzied1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Well I'm still stumped. It's not a SIM card thing or a filter issue. Other entries with the same name, like 'Mike' work fine.

As I start typing the name contacts show up below. So I hit the 'D' and everyone with a first name, last name or compant name that starts with D shows up.

Then I type the 'A' and it filters down to those with a 'DA' in the name. I can even see contacts named Dave in ths list. Then when I press the 'V' everything goes away and it says * No Addresses *

I thought it might have something to do with Auto Text but there is no entry remotely like Dave in it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~