Quote Originally Posted by erictking
I have actually asked several people that have the HC cards if they have tried to load more than 2gb on to their cards and most aren't sure or said no. And a card formatted for more than 6gb will not cause a problem on the 8300 until you exceed that magical 2gb mark. It is also worth noting that there were some manufacturers that had a 4gb card that was NOT an HC type card. That meant they were not formatted with a FAT32 directory structure. The 8300 apparently can't handle FAT32 yet (at least our versions) and so can't recognize partitions over 2gb...
It would be cool if it was possible to create multiple partitions on a trans-flash... hmmmmm....
I think you're making a couple of wrong assumptions.

First, an SD card doesn't have to be HC to go over 2Gb. I have two big SD (not micro) cards that are not HC and have 4Gb capacity. I use them in my Palm TX (which does not work with SDHC cards).

Second, it is possible to partition SD cards. It is quite trivial in Linux. I have partitioned all my SD cards, both my PC and the Palm TX see and use the partitions correctly. I tried partitioning my 6Gb SDHC card and it worked fine on the PC, but the 8300 will only see the first partition, so it doesn't qualify as a solution to the problem.