If I was supposed to post this in a different thread, feel free to direct ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Faulknergrrl00 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question HTML emails on 4.5??

Advertisement

If I was supposed to post this in a different thread, feel free to direct me. But yesterday I installed 4.5.0 on my 8300. I was hoping to see my html emails, but no luck. I clicked on the menu key to see if it was an option there, but I couldn't find anything. Am I supposed to see the html emails like on my PC?

Also, my facebook icon has dissappeared. Its in my list under "applications", but I can't find it anywhere.

If anyone could help, I'd surely appreciate it!!!

Thanks!

zamboni_1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i had the same problem with facebook. just go to facebook.com on your browser. then click download new facebook application for blackberry. it will ask to overwrite the same file click yes then you will have it back on your screen. well thats what i did at least and it worked

ego1138 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Three things with the HTML emails.
    1) You are on a BES server that hasn't been set up to give HTML emails.
    2) Your BIS server hasn't been upgraded OR, it has, but you don't have the latest service books. To be sure, log onto your BIS server, and resend the service books to your phone.
    3) Check in your mail options to make sure you've got hte option to see HTML emails, or whether you're looking at plain text.

Also, any previous emails that were sent to you BEFORE the 4.5 will not show up as HTML email . . . . I'm sure you guessed that, but, just throwing it out there anyway.

I went to facebook.com on my phone's browser, and clicked the link to download for blackberry. That took me to the terms and conditions page, i accepted, and then tried to click on the "next" button, and it won't let me select it. I went from select mode, to view mode and neither worked. I also positioned the curser over the next box and hit menu, hoping to have the "select" option, it it wasn't there. GRR! So close, but can't click it!!

Its been awhile since i've sent the service books - do I find that on my carrier's website?

Thank you both for your quick replies!

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes you would go to carrier.blackberry.com. You log in and send service books. I did read somewere that people were having problems with facebookb and the 4.5 OS though, but newer beta releases were fixing the issues

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm on tmo and for service book I just go manage internet email once connect to tmo I can resend it ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well, I guess you guys got this covered. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I sent the service books, and still no html emails. And I logged into facebook on my phone, and still cannot download it because the curser is not clicking the "next" button after I accept the terms and conditions. I assume i'll have to try a newer 4.5, but haven't searched for one yet.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Patience, my friends. If you have the option in your email settings to enable HTML emails, they shall eventually come!

bbkritter no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have you done a soft reset? (pull battery out, and stick it back in) sometimes the OS has to restart to recognize new options/downloads
    On to learning to love my pearl :)

Quote Originally Posted by bbkritter View Post
    I have you done a soft reset? (pull battery out, and stick it back in) sometimes the OS has to restart to recognize new options/downloads

Yes, I just did that. In my email options, the enable html is set to yes. Is there something I've got to do after that?

bbkritter no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulknergrrl00 View Post
    Yes, I just did that. In my email options, the enable html is set to yes. Is there something I've got to do after that?
    Still waiting to upgrade my OS... so I don't have experince with it yet. I'm sorry, if I find out I'll definetly post
    On to learning to love my pearl :)

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulknergrrl00 View Post
    I sent the service books, and still no html emails. And I logged into facebook on my phone, and still cannot download it because the curser is not clicking the "next" button after I accept the terms and conditions. I assume i'll have to try a newer 4.5, but haven't searched for one yet.
    As was mentioned before, if you are BIS, you have to wait for your provider to update THEIR software to allow you to get HTML. Just updating your phone is only half the issue. Out of interest, Vodafone (UK) have updated their software.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

I woke up this morning to beautiful HTML emails!!! It feels like Christmas morning! Not really, but I was still super excited! Thanks for all of your help. Now, if I could just get this facebook thing fixed...