Upgraded my sprint 8330 to 4.5 and html emails were working just fine. Now all ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cuggi5 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f53efa

html email

Advertisement

Upgraded my sprint 8330 to 4.5 and html emails were working just fine. Now all of a sudden they don't show up. The setting are correct with auto receive the images ect....so why isn't it working now?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Is it the emails or the images? For images, you have to press menu and select "get images" anyway. That's something that doesn't happen automatically. If it's the emails, I don't know. Do you have your emails set up correctly. Have you re-sent service books, re-registered, ...?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    It's the emails I believe. I have my settings for get images instantly and it doesn't happen. So I have to do the menu get images routine. This has been the same way with all of the OS that I have put on my curve not just Sprints. But I am glad Sprint finally released their operating system.

In my experience having to retrieve the images manually is normal, regardless of the fact that you have them set to retrieve automatically. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    Everyone keeps saying that u have to press get images...however when it wuz working, they automatically came in, I didn't have to press get images...but not I don't even get that option...how do I do the service books thing?via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

When was it working? It's never worked on 4.5 or any release since HTML email has been implemented. You can send service books by signing in to your email setup (icon on main menu) and selecting service books, send....
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    I swear when I first upgraded, I opened up emails from ebay, and it automatically showed the images in the email without me pressing get images...but am I no longer even getting that option?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    Just re sent service books...and its working and I do NOT have to press get images. They automatically show up...so why does everyone else say they have to do it manually~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rxmaker1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Request
    Hey I noticed you upgraded your Sprint 8330 to OS 4.5. I was not aware sprint had released 4.5 I was actually going to upgrade my Sprint 8330 to Altell OS 4.5.0.89 today until I saw this post. Now Ill wait and use Sprints. What DM version did you use to upgrade (4.6 has been recommended to me over 4.7)? Also have you had any issues other than the html email? How do you like the new OS? I have been waiting on Sprint to release this for some time but want to make certain that it is not full of bugs and problems. Any comments would be appreciated.
    Thanks!!!!

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sprint has not "officially" released 4.5 yet. A version has been leaked. It is version 4.5.0.119. Nothing has been said if this is the release version or if it was a version Sprint was testing. As far as to perform the upgrade, any version of DM will work.

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    I haven't had any problems at all...I'm guessing its regular to need to resend service books once upgrading. I like 4.5...its not a big deal I jus like viewing the emails, and the menu for media is diff, u now have an equilizer, so its pretty neat. I tlkd to. A sprint rep, and the said go to blackberry.com to dl the newest o.s. Which wuz 4.5...I downloaded the attel wireless...so go for it man!via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    Also, I used dm 4.6...if I were u I wouldn't wait for sprints version, its gonna all be the same in the long run~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rxmaker1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Request
    I confirmed that this is not the official release also. I have a friend in the tech RandD dept at Sprint and the official. release is very close but has a few bugs to rectify and unlike other companies Sprint takes QA QC very seriously. I thank you for your advice cuggi5. I am going to go for the Altell OS. The only thing I know about the DM is that there are numerous problems with. 4.7 and most have been OK with 4.6~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Quote Originally Posted by cuggi5 View Post
    Just re sent service books...and its working and I do NOT have to press get images. They automatically show up...so why does everyone else say they have to do it manually~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    How? It has never worked for me. I've had 4.5 on 2 different curves and I have a storm. I have to press get images, and yes my settings are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by cuggi5 View Post
    Well, My apologies. I thought that it was still a problem but evidently, it's been solved. I'm still on .77 and have to get them manually. Others on .77 never had the problem as long as they had the right settings. Sorry for misleading info.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com