Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by eZainny Best to take it up with Handango if this is really ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Hatebreeder no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: HTML Email

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by eZainny
    Best to take it up with Handango if this is really true.

When you download a trial version, we never see your email address - it's impossible for a developer to get this. Having said that, I would highly doubt that Handango, a site that services millions of people with mobile software and is also the largest and most popular, would hand out your email address to spam sites.
    Well, i have no idea who handed it out, but hours after putting my email address in there ( i remember thinking to myself... i should use my gmail address since thats the one i use incase any spam may happen ...) i started recieving spam emails, they are coming from "fsmail.net" tons of em...

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

That's sad.
    I got empower html viewer and its pretty good. The only thing I dislike is that the pics are shown in a very small scale.
    ~posted via opera mini~

that was my next question, what is the difference between the 2, i think ill try that one. ohh and one other question, how come your avatar is so much bigger than mine?? mine scaled down to meet the requirments.

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

lol, my trial just ran out for bbsmart and its giving me the option to buy i really want to just making sure all my money is right lol but im gonna get it but as far as p ictures i havnt seen any it alwasy gaveme th links sup with that

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17

Anybody know if there will be a promotion for the BBsmart again? It was just offered for 19.99 but it ended on Sept 30. Anyone?
    BB 8330 w/ SERO Voice Only, BIS, N/W @7pm, Pick3, Unl Text via Credits: $30 +$5 (Unl Incoming) + $7 (TEP)
    Pin: 31C83C17

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I was gonna ask that too cause I tried that prom^ got shut down its ok tho I paiod 25

so can anyone tell me the major differences betweren bb smat and empower?

eZainny no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Hatebreeder
    so can anyone tell me the major differences betweren bb smat and empower?
    Hi,

The BerryReview article I linked to above provides a good overview of some of the advanced features BBSmart Email Viewer has you might not be aware of immediately ( http://www.berryreview.com/2007/09/1...er-version-23/ ).

Some other good comparisons from unbiased sources you may want to take a look at are also linked below:

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2007/09/13/005620/ (BlackBerryCool)
    http://www.the8thsign.com/2007/09/25...-email-viewer/ (the8thSign)
    http://palmmac.typepad.com/palmmac/2...t-mail-v-.html (Palm-mac)

Reading the above you should be able to get a good overview of the differences.

Cheers,
    eZainny.
    View HTML email today with the Best Selling BlackBerry application: BBSmart Email Viewer

A product of BBSmart
    www.blackberrysmart.com

So i uninstalled empower after using the trial reset my blackberry, everytime i get an email i still get prompted to register the software. Anyone know what i can do to get rid of this besides pay for it?

jwprice no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423A566

BB Smart is definately the better of the two, and at the end of the day what's an extra 10 or 15 dollars??

i disagree, i dont think that its worth the extra, emp works well and shows you what you want to see. i just cant seem to get it all the way off my damn phone.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Empower works fine - BBSmart is a bit nicer.

Empower will give you a signature on your emails advertising for it - which isnt really cool in my book - you have to go into the advanced options and turn it off.

BBSmart comes with an extra app that will allow you to save prewritten emails that you can send out quickly, this can be nice if you repeatedly send out the same thing.

My advice - try the free trail for both - I belive they both offer one - and see what works best for you and your email.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

ani
    ani no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hatebreeder
    So i uninstalled empower after using the trial reset my blackberry, everytime i get an email i still get prompted to register the software. Anyone know what i can do to get rid of this besides pay for it?
    Thank you for trying out Empower Mail Viewer.

If you are getting a Trial Expired message, I would expect that the trial period has expired and its not off of your device yet. Try this - Uninstall using Desktop Manager. Connect your BB to the DM, launch Application Loader, uncheck Empower Mail Viewer and let the DM do the rest.

Also you can check the current status under Options > Adv. Options > Application. If there is no "Empower Mail Viewer" in there, you are good to go!

In case of any issues, pls feel free to drop me a PM.

Thanks!
    Ani.

szumlanski no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: HTML Email Warning for AT&T Customers using Empower

AT&T screwed me out of my WAP access. They do not allow use of the APN when you switch to an unlimited international plan. Worse, they did not tell me it would be a one year commitment on the International plan, which they are now trying to hold me to. They want $175 to switch back to the regular Blackberry Unlimited plan which has free WAP access.

So now I have a paid license for Empower HTML Email viewer and I can't use it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12