There has been some discussion about this in other threads but I haven't found a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

strigbed no está en línea Stack level 1

HTML Code in e-mails

Advertisement

There has been some discussion about this in other threads but I haven't found a satisfactory answer. I get e-mails from some people (my wife included) that contain html code in the body when viewed on my bb 8300, so much so that I don't bother trying reading the message (so when my wife asks why I didn’t buy milk I have a good excuse).

Anyways, some people have told me that it is because the senders are composing their messages in html format but I know for a fact that I receive numerous html-based messaged that don't reveal the code and I get others that were drafted in plain text that reveal code. It also appears to be random in many cases. For example, my wife will send me a message in "plain text" format that comes through without code. I reply on my BB. She replies to my message and suddenly I see code when viewed on my BB. Or I'll initiate the first message from my BB, she replies using plain text and I receive the message with html code. But sometimes the messages come through without code.

So what gives???

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: HTML Code in e-mails

Quote Originally Posted by strigbed
    There has been some discussion about this in other threads but I haven't found a satisfactory answer. I get e-mails from some people (my wife included) that contain html code in the body when viewed on my bb 8300, so much so that I don't bother trying reading the message (so when my wife asks why I didn’t buy milk I have a good excuse).

Anyways, some people have told me that it is because the senders are composing their messages in html format but I know for a fact that I receive numerous html-based messaged that don't reveal the code and I get others that were drafted in plain text that reveal code. It also appears to be random in many cases. For example, my wife will send me a message in "plain text" format that comes through without code. I reply on my BB. She replies to my message and suddenly I see code when viewed on my BB. Or I'll initiate the first message from my BB, she replies using plain text and I receive the message with html code. But sometimes the messages come through without code.

So what gives???
    I know there was an issue recently where BIS was not dealing well with HTML formatted mails that were not well formed i.e. missing closing tags or similar. However that doesn't sound quite like what you are experiencing. Could be something similar tho, some clients write pretty bad html for emails so it could just be down to this.

Can you clarify if you use BIS or BES?

BB only ever sends mail in plain text thats for sure.
    Miles.

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A

Man , I use Empower HTML viewer, the software trasnfrom the email to what it is supposed to do . show you an email, hope this helps

- tom - no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Quote Originally Posted by strigbed

So what gives???
    Same with me, especially if I received emai digest from yahoogroups. Any solution?
    -t o m-
    *PearlLover, CurveAbuser*
    :D

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by - tom -
    Same with me, especially if I received emai digest from yahoogroups. Any solution?
    Is this something I can subscribe to to see if i can replciate for further investigation?

If so tell me how?
    Miles.

strigbed no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by miles_troope
    Can you clarify if you use BIS or BES?

BB only ever sends mail in plain text thats for sure.
    I use BIS.