Can someone tell me why if I have my e-mail set to yes to automatically ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JK64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31BEA254

HTML 4.5 question

Advertisement

Can someone tell me why if I have my e-mail set to yes to automatically receive graphics that I have to still do it manually?? And what's up with "your address will be exposed" message? Thanks all.. JK

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Hi I have the same problem and was told it was something to do with security of third party sites. Basically there is nothing you can do to change it so have to keep requesting images.

Sher
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JK64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31BEA254
    Thanks.. Not a big deal.. But exposing my address?? Should I be concerned about that? JK

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    I have no idea about the exposure part. Maybe someone else on here can shed a light on this.

Sher
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Unless the pictures are embedded in the actual message, you are required to select "Get Images" from the menu and then select Yes or No to the warning message. I assume the reason for the implementation was to prevent you from receiving spam emails if you open a message with an image linked to an external website that confirms the email address is valid. I do wish there was a way to turn this off, but it looks like it's here for the time being.

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    RIM mentions the reason for not downloading graphics/links is to lower the data downloaded. It would take mucho extra time for each picture in each email to be downloaded and thus extra the strain on the processor and data stream.
    AS far as security, you would be uploading info at same time downloading the graphics and could potentially send info to a hacker/spammer I guess.

Mind you I will edit and post a link if I can find one. Otherwise, this was my personal interpretation.
    "How am I supposed to know? I don't even remember what I had for breakfast."

BB VZW 8330 Curve 4.5.0.77
    PIN is in Profile

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    that's such a good question, i never understood that message either

orangeagent no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24B4DF6C
    Is there any reason that it wouldn't download the images even after selecting get images? Mine seems to work about 70% of the time, but sometimes, it never downloads. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~