I am using new blackberry curver from AT&T - 8310. I have an interesting question. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Gadget no está en línea Stack level 1

How to use calendar without BES

Advertisement

I am using new blackberry curver from AT&T - 8310. I have an interesting question. My Employer does not support BES (blackberry enterprise server). They use a technology called OMA-DS and in order to sync with calendar the device should be OMA-DS compliant. I don't really know what it means. However I am getting emails and also send emails using the blackberry.

Now does anyone has any experience or pointers on how to use the Calendar function. (I know I can always sync it with my computer using the Desktop Manager). What i want is that as and when i get an invite from work, I should be able to accept it using the Blackberry device, and then it shoudl also appear in the blackberry calendar.

At present any invite appears just as a normal email and I cannot accept it on the blackberry.

Thanks

beja no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: How to use calendar without BES

Hi Gadget, I don't know anything about OMA, but as for accepting invites, once I open and view the email, it automatically appears on my calendar when I view it. When I go to reply to the invite email, I have options to accept, etc.

Well it is not happening to me. The calendar invite just comes as an email and then it does not behave the way it does for you! Are there any settings?

Well- I always knew that it probably is difficult to use Blackberry without BES, but was hoping to find a solution. After spending much time, I was able to confirm what i knew all along - that calendar function on Blackberry CANNOT be used without BES not even with its own internet service.

But the reserach paid off at lease in one aspect. I found a software that supports Blackberry to sync with OMA servers! Nexthaus markets these products! I had to shell out additional $40.00 but the software is worth it!