I downloaded the threaded SMS program and I have an 8330 via Verizon Wireless and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

M.J.H. no está en línea Stack level 2

How to Turn OFF the SMS Indicator At Top of Screen?

Advertisement

I downloaded the threaded SMS program and I have an 8330 via Verizon Wireless and I wanted to somehow turn OFF my SMS indicator? In other words when I get a new SMS, my BBAlerts flashes blue until it's read. Well when I read it in the threaded SMS program it still appears as unread at the top of the screen!

Somehow when I check the message in my threaded SMS program it turns off the BBAlerts LED light, but it doesn't mark as read in my default inbox.

How can I fix this?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    This is all I can think of that might fix your problem. I'm running 4.5 so if the options arnt there sorry.
    Go to your inbox
    hit MENU>
    OPTIONS>
    GENERAL OPTIONS>
    find DISPLAY NEW MESSAGE INDICATOR
    turn it off

M.J.H. no está en línea Stack level 2
    That basically puts a new message mailbox at the top of my screen and just doesn't have a # of messages. But I actually like that and don't mind leaving it up there I don't even notice. So now I just strictly use the threaded text messaging application, I think it's friggin' AMAZING so far.

GrandMasterB no está en línea Stack level 2
    Woah , what is the threaded app you are using please???

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'm not using the program until the author is able to "sync" the indicator of his application with the default notification...don't know if its even possible though so we'll see.

Threaded SMS is the one thing that I think my BB is lacking, but having to clear off the new messeage notifications is too much of a hassle for me. And seems counter-productive.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~