Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr IMO...Isn't kinda stupid to pay for sumthing most phones already do ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    IMO...Isn't kinda stupid to pay for sumthing most phones already do for free. That's like buying an app that let's you put the volume up or down during a phone call. And for 4 buks...really??!!?!? If anything it should be a donation!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Well, if the phone doesn't already do it, you have 2 choices. Buy an app like this (which IMO is a good price) or go get a phone that does do it for free. Or go through hoops calling voicemail, playing music to trick the phone out of playing the shutter sound through the speaker.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

puppylove no está en línea Stack level 2
    IMO...Isn't kinda stupid to pay for sumthing most phones already do for free. That's like buying an app that let's you put the volume up or down during a phone call. And for 4 buks...really??!!?!? If anything it should be a donation!
    As I see it, you have to figure out if the price is worth the function to you and, if it is, you get it. It's not stupid to pay for things that work for you if you want them and can afford them. It's a personal choice - one man's trash is another man's treasure and vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose06 View Post
    that is how i feel about a lot of apps, but they take time to develop so i can see where they are comming from. just think if you spent over 20 hrs writting code for an app and bunches more testing and tweaking, wouldnt you want some form of compensation aswell??
    This is a good point. Some developers actually try to make a living selling applications and like to get something for their time.
    What goes around, comes around.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I never said money was an issue, I just said that in the case like this one, it should be a option (donation). It is a good function and the price isn't that bad...it just makes me think that other ppl will come out with apps to do simple task that other phones already do to make money off it. I have nuthing against the developer or anyone who chooses to buy it, but if I'm paying for sumthing, I wanna get my moneys worth. Like, maybe give me the option to put sum type of tone instead of the shutter (ex: a voice saying "cheese"). I'm just nit picking at the fact that most phones have this feature n maybe it shouldn't come with a price tag unless it does a little more. That's all.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    The way I see it,anyone wanting to silence their shutter, is takeing pictures they shouldnt be which is just plain immoral, which I would also see them complaining about a program for it not being free as well... but now thanks to ghost, you can go on your merry cheap way. Great find...

Just think you can even be more sneaky now that it actually looks like your listening to music while doing it lol

I can honestly say there was a time or 2 that I would have liked this though, and that was when a couple of contacts didnt want to have their picture taken, then doing so would be ok, as long as its an appropriate picture.
    Last edited by rashard; 05-04-2009 at 08:02 PM.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    ask
    Which reason one chooses to take pix its their own. Weather it be to be "sneaky" or like rashard said...to take pix or contacts that don't like it. My point is simple. If you pay for sumthing, it better be worth buying! I'm not saying this isn't, it just doesn't seem rite. Idc if its being sold for 1 dollar or 100, if its sumthing that is free for everyone else, why not make it free for the phone your using (blackberry). I don't like the sound becuz its loud, and if I'm at a museum n its quiet or a library n its quiet n I'm trying to take pix for a paper I got, I don't want heads turning. My opinion was clear. No need to get out of line if you don't like wut I say. It wwont change the fact that the app is 4 buks and that ppl will complaint about the app...not price. If that's hard to understand...plz...tell me, n I'll gladly make it clearer. I'm just putting my 2 centavos into this. If I can't find it anywhere else for free, then I'll buy it, but it just doesn't seem rite to pay. That's all

puppylove no está en línea Stack level 2
    I never said money was an issue.....[/i][/size]
    When you insinuate, "....kinda stupid to pay for sumthing most phones (do) already..." you make money an issue. I merely said that it's a matter of choice based on affordability vs. function.
    Last edited by puppylove; 05-08-2009 at 07:44 PM.
    What goes around, comes around.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Well, I don't want to take this any further then 1 mans opinion. I'm sorry for any comment anyone took the wrong way. I'll see wut I end up doing.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    With having a baby that I take a ton of pics of, I don't want the shutter sound waking him up or scaring him.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I was just wondering tonight if there was a way to silence that without buying something.....sitting at school( thought I'd take a pic of what I should be taking notes of) and that shutter sound is loud for sure! Def gonna keep the head phones with me....lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12