Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

No new installs lately. The OTA install brought BB maps back, but it also changed ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: How to: Get BB Maps on 8310

Advertisement

No new installs lately. The OTA install brought BB maps back, but it also changed my wallpaper back to the regular default "clouds and road" wallpaper. Weird huh. I'll just have to keep an eye on it and see if it dissappears again. Thanks Reddog

RaHz no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to: Get BB Maps on 8310

don't know if anyone has posted this but thought i would anyway....desktop manager would keep on trying to remove bbmaps from my curve after i downloaded it direct from blackberry's site....so i messed around with the lbs.alx file and found a remedy...follow the instructions already given...but once you've opened the lbs.alx file instead of deleting just the 102| delete the following (the red portion):

<!-- For 8800 series, hide the icon for AT&T (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties, including Amena (Orange Spain - 175). -->
    <!-- For non-8800 series, show the icon for all carriers except AT&T (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties, including Amena (Orange Spain - 175). -->
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="~102|124|137|119|162|142|183|147|217|17 5" series="~8800">

after editing the file should look like this:

</files>
    </fileset>
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod

that should fix the problem of desktop manager trying to remove bbmaps

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by RaHz View Post
    don't know if anyone has posted this but thought i would anyway....desktop manager would keep on trying to remove bbmaps from my curve after i downloaded it direct from blackberry's site....so i messed around with the lbs.alx file and found a remedy...follow the instructions already given...but once you've opened the lbs.alx file instead of deleting just the 102| delete the following (the red portion):

<!-- For 8800 series, hide the icon for AT&T (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties, including Amena (Orange Spain - 175). -->
    <!-- For non-8800 series, show the icon for all carriers except AT&T (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties, including Amena (Orange Spain - 175). -->
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="~102|124|137|119|162|142|183|147|217|17 5" series="~8800">

after editing the file should look like this:

</files>
    </fileset>
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod

that should fix the problem of desktop manager trying to remove bbmaps
    Cool man thanks for the info!

kosarchuk no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BB Maps on 8310

Hi,
    I'm a newbie with an 8310 (ATT). I've been trying to follow reddog187's directions for unhiding BB Maps (ref Re: os v4.2.2.312 HELP) but can't find the folder \Shared\ folder in the filepath. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Rick
    Last edited by kosarchuk; 02-29-2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: add info

Raven71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    This is my first post but I want to say I have been having trouble with the BB maps on my ATT 8310 till I followed the link http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...berry_maps.jsp from the previous page.

It says will not work on ATT but I DL/ed It and plugged my BB in. It DL/ed it to my phone from my computer and it woks fine. It located me almost to my house within a couple of feet from what I can tell.
    It loads faster then Google maps though seems not has detailed.

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by kosarchuk View Post
    Hi,
    I'm a newbie with an 8310 (ATT). I've been trying to follow reddog187's directions for unhiding BB Maps (ref Re: os v4.2.2.312 HELP) but can't find the folder \Shared\ folder in the filepath. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Rick
    You need to install the Handheld Software for your Device(OS)

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    hey thanks for the help you guys

jm4BBPearl no está en línea Stack level 2
    Red,

I followed your instructions and I was able to load BB Maps on my 8310 with the App Loader, but no icon showed up.

Did a battery pull. Still no icon.

I checked on the device and BB Maps is showing installed under Applications.

I remember that I updated the desktop OS after I got the device and I couldn't remember what version I used (I'm on AT&T), so I decided to remove the entire list of vendor id's from the hide icon list in the LBS file:
    _vendorID="~102|124|137|119|162|142|183|147|217|17 5" series="~8800"

I reran the App Loader and it said no action needs to be taken.

Still no icon on the device.

Did another battery pull, but still no icon.

Any ideas on what I can try next?

Thanks,
    Jeff

[Update] Never mind. I downloaded it OTA and let it replace the installed version and after a reboot, i have the icon and it works.
    Last edited by jm4BBPearl; 04-03-2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Fixed

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have the OTA version downloaded. I read above that using the Application Loader may delete it. So, am I to understand that using the DM to do other actions, such as Backup, should leave the application untouched? I rarely use the Application Loader, anyway.

benthabits no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Was a little bored and decided to try installing it.... YAY it worked!
    Edited the file, then had to DL OTA and its up and running!! Thanks Stackers!

SDinSD no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Anyone got BBMaps working on an ATT 8310 running 4.5?

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Just a quick question and it might have been answered already, but how is it that it never finds the satellite when starting the GPS Navigation????
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    Just a quick question and it might have been answered already, but how is it that it never finds the satellite when starting the GPS Navigation????
    When your first trying to acquire satellites you should be outside and have a clear view of the sky. It should take a couple of minutes.

It depends on your location. If you're in the car or walking it shouldn't take long to find them.

SDinSD no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Just to clarify on my previous post, there is no entery for "net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod" when I open up the LBS.alx file in version 4.5. Also, when I try to DL OTA, it says "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Maps."

It is installed through DM but since I'm on AT&T the icon is hidden. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by SDinSD; 04-09-2008 at 02:43 PM.

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by SDinSD View Post
    Just to clarify on my previous post, there is no entery for "net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod" when I open up the LBS.alx file in version 4.5. Also, when I try to DL OTA, it says "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Maps."

It is installed through DM but since I'm on AT&T the icon is hidden. Any suggestions?
    Sorry we don't provide support for the 4.5 OS yet since its still in beta.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast