Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by reddog187554356 You need to install the Desktop Manager and the Handheld Software(OS) ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dres79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24339b8e

Re: How to: Get BB Maps on 8310

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187554356
    You need to install the Desktop Manager and the Handheld Software(OS) onto your PC. Have you done this?

Desktop Manager - Yes
    Handheld Software(OS) - No
    Where can i find that?

Thanks

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

PIN/ID
    24339b8e

i got it to work. thanks for your help!

hokie123 no está en línea Stack level 1

You can also load BB Maps by connecting your computer via USB cable and loading from RIM's website:
    blackberry.com/maps

Click on the download link, follow the instructions, and it loads the latest version. I just did this yesterday after re-loading my original OS, and it looks like there I got a newer version which includes Google Local Search for finding objects. The app version is 1.2.26. My previous version of BB Maps had a search menu item, but whenever I tried to use it, the program said it was unavailable.

vean no está en línea Stack level 2

I have problems with installing any type of software on my BB. No I installed few program and games.
    (vendor.alx problem)

BUT, now it just don't want to RELOAD all software (after I have changed LBS.alx)
    Should I remove and install (control panel) device software again,
    but before I plug in my device next time change LBS.alx?

I try to remove vendor.alx again but I can not find it any more.
    Gone forever?

App Loader said: No action required...

vindicatedx2x no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks, I got it to work, I think. I never noticed the difference between BB maps and Telenav. I'm new to BB, so I thought when I uploaded Telenav when I first got the device, that's what it was.

What does the icon on the BB for BB Maps supposed to say? Just maps? or BB maps? I now have an icon for maps, but I can't remember if it was before or after I did the LBS edit.

Also -- is there a significant difference between the 2? I am just going to uninstall telenavs if it just takes up more room. I rarely use the map programs regardless.

And 3rdly, what, precisely is google maps for the phone? Is it different than BB maps or telenav? I mean, you think people would just need 1 of these programs, not all 3..

I change LBS.alx and when log to APPLOADER nothing happends.
    App Loader do NOT want to update device software.

I can NOT see or CHANGE sub files in:
    BlackBerry 4.2 System Software
    BlackBerry 4.2 System Applications

(boxes are grey, but checked)

I have same grey and checked boxes on: "phone" and "browser".
    I know that my phone is locked to VIPNET in Croatia. Is that a reason?

I try to delete vendor.alx but I can't find it any more.
    I deleted it after first instalation of device software.
    If problem is because is locked, please give me some advice how to unlock it.

thanks

Question Re: How to: Get BB Maps on 8310

I find even newer device software.
    I change LBS.alx file, delete vedor.xml and then connect to Desktop-App Loader and
    leave it to update my device.

I still don't have BBmaps....

UPDATE:
    I find problem. For Croatia, or some other country you need to remove some other number. Not 102. I didn't find Croatia on the list, but I remove all number which are connected to Vodafone.

My carrier is part of vodafone. It seams that works.
    Last edited by vean; 01-17-2008 at 07:06 PM.

keeper22 no está en línea Stack level 2

This method worked for me thanks for the info...

crdean1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question, I bought a BB 8310 (ATT) the other day, and before even seeing this thread, I did a search for BB Maps in google on my 8310's browser, and downloaded the maps application.

What are you guys doing, and is there a different, better maps program that I am missing somewhere...or can you post what the icon is supposed to look like, maybe I downloaded something else, but it works. Pic attached of my icon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by crdean1 View Post
    Question, I bought a BB 8310 (ATT) the other day, and before even seeing this thread, I did a search for BB Maps in google on my 8310's browser, and downloaded the maps application.

What are you guys doing, and is there a different, better maps program that I am missing somewhere...or can you post what the icon is supposed to look like, maybe I downloaded something else, but it works. Pic attached of my icon.
    Hey crdean,

Let me try to explain....

BBmaps is already included with your BB, the icon is just hidden because AT&T wants you to use the Telenav Subscription service. You can download BBmaps and install, but if you use the Desktop Manager it will remove it everytime. That's what happens with mine anyways. Some people say that it doesn't, but that's besides the fact that the DM always removed it for me.

I can't make out your pics, and every theme changes the BBmaps icon. This is what the application looks like for me. It's all the same application. Hope this explains it a little.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PIN/ID
    24339b8e
    Quote Originally Posted by crdean1 View Post

Check out google maps. Works great

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm having the same problem with the "shared folder" not showing up. I guess I need to download the Hanmdheld OS. When I click the link to go to the download page it asks for all kinds of info (ie: name, address,etc). Is this free to download? Also, after I download it will I lose any info already installed on my blackberry?

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by cjeezy View Post
    s this free to download? Also, after I download it will I lose any info already installed on my blackberry?
    Yes it's a free download, always backup prior to updating your BB. Sometimes things don't always go as planned. But you will not lose any info.

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks a lot! Quick question, When I go to the ATT/Cingular software download it is showing v4.2.2.312 available. When I use the SunCom link that you posted above it is showing v4.2.2.332. Which one should I download? Currently My BB came with v4.2.2.170.

I just bought this thing, you would think it would have the most current version installed on it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast