Hello, I've been wondering what the best way to download big files to my curve ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

How to Download Large Files to My Curve

Advertisement

Hello,

I've been wondering what the best way to download big files to my curve is. For instance, if I want to download a 5 megabyte mp3 from a website. Clicking the link using the BB browser seems to send the curve going out for it, but it spins on this forever.

I get similar stuff using Opera. I'd really like to be able to download 60 or 70 meg files from some web storage I have. Unfotunatly, I don't get prompted for a save location in the file system / memory card or even a progress bar.

Anyone have insight on this stuff?

Thank you.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: How to Download Large Files to My Curve

you can download them from your computer onto your micro sd card if you have one. and view it like that. you wont be able to actually do it from your device. at least not from my knowledge. can anyone back me on this? i have some vidz on my curve 2-3 min vids. saved onto the mem card. and they play and work fine. but was never able to direct download to it

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

there is a limitation to file size, from your bb. you can dl ringtones, bc they are so small, but full mp3's i don't think its possible...even compressed and everthing.

to get those large files, you will have to do what nicky suggested...download to pc first, then drag/drop to your media card

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

Hmm. I would guess ya'll are right, only I see this as a big limitation if it is true. One thing I did like about the t-mobile MDA when I demo'd it was that it had no problem pulling down big files.

It does not seem like a technical limitation--as a direct HTTP request saved to a memory card should be fully possible on the device.

Has anyone tried doing big file tranfers using this? http://www.idokorro.com/products/mfm-features.shtml

I may demo this app--I like their SSH version a lot already.