I own a BB Curve 8310, service is with AT&T. I loaded a few custom ... BlackBerry Curve forum

straydog4293 no está en línea Stack level 1

How to delete ringtones

Advertisement

I own a BB Curve 8310, service is with AT&T. I loaded a few custom ringtones onto the BB via desktop manager. Later I loaded more ringtones and must have selected all because the previously loaded files were duplicated. I attempted to delete the dupicated files both from the BB and the desktop manager while connected. Neither worked. At this point I have the file names listed twice but only one works. I've tried everything I can think of to delete the dead files, no luck.Anyone got any suggestions?Thanks

It would probably be helpful to note that the ringtones were loaded into device memory. I haven't gotten a memory card yet.

surely someone knows how to do this...

pretty please!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Straydog,

Go into one of your profiles, scroll down to the Ring Tone selector and click on it with the trackball. You should see a list of ringtones, alarms, etc. At the very top should be an option to "browse". Select that. Then you should see a folder with Preloaded ringtones and below that will be the ones you downloaded. Not sure if there's a way to delete multiples at one time, but if you highlight one of them and the press the Del button, you can delete them one at a time.

Might be an easier way to do this, but this will help you until someone else chimes in!

Roger

thanks for your help Roger

I tried that and the tones that worked are the only ones that were displayed. The dead files didn't show up.

Because of another issue, I did a soft reset. AMAZING!! this did the trick.