hi guys, im about to sell my bb curve 8310, but before it gets to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

active_user no está en línea Stack level 2

how to clear all datas and PIN off my phone?

Advertisement

hi guys, im about to sell my bb curve 8310, but before it gets to someone else's hands...i want to clear all of my contacts, messages, datas,etc from my curve...also i need to release my pin (i dont know what the term is but i want for the buyer of my phone wont having troubles about the PIN)...how could i possibly do that?

thanx in advance

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    To clear all data, go to Options --> Security Options --> General Settings. Click the [Menu] button (button to the LEFT of the trackball) and select Wipe Handheld. Click [Continue] when warned, and you probably want to check the box to remove third party applications if it comes up. Then you'll be asked to enter the word "blackberry". Simply type blackberry and hit [Enter]. All data and third party applications will be erased, and the device will be returned to near factory condition.

I say near because this will NOT remove IT Policy that was applied if you were on a BES (that's a whole different discussion). Check my Blog for instructions for that.

As for your PIN, you need to contact your carrier directly and ask them to release it.
    JerryD

okay, but if do all that...will it make my OS back to 4.2 (now im on 4.5.0.55) ?

GaryF no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Will not affect your operating system. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

okay than, thanx so much...will try to follow the steps above, thanx guys.